Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

The wait is finally over.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Mongolian, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

I've been waiting more than 2 months for H&R Springs and it looks like I'll finally receive it on Saturday. I am quite excited :cool:

I am planning to install the springs at LMS. Do I need to make an appointment or can I just bring it in and install on the same day? Cost of install is $240 right (Will)? Does LMS open on Sunday? Any particular person I should contact that you guys recommend?

I am planning to let the springs settle for a month before I go do alignment, any thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

cool, make sure take some before and after pics... (and then a picture a few weeks down the road)

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    You can talk to anyone there.. Your best bet is to talk to the owner Steve and he will take care of you.

Won't be a need to do drop any names when you speak with him. Just let him know that you are a member of IS and he should take care of you.

Let him know that I said hello. He knows Will, Pierce, Viet, Min and I very well.

I don't know what the cost would be at LMS but $240 sounds more than reasonable. I was quoted about that same price when I wanted to lower my FX.

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Best to have an appointment as they are very busy. Also, they do not open on Sunday's and open only one Sat. a month and I believe that is the last Sat of the month. Not sure so you will want to check with Steve.

5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I, actually, just called them regarding an oil change and transmission oil change... they WILL be open Saturday the 29th, but highly recommend making an appointment.

btw, they're charging $75 for just oil change, does that sound kinda high?

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That all depends.
    What kind of oil in the engine are they giving you?
    What is the tranny change? Flush, drain & Fill? 1x or 3x? Nissan fluids?

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

okay, actually... my question was on the oil change alone, NOT the tranny change. The local dealership charges something like $40 maybe $50.

But it does bring up a good question... cuz I don't know (re: 1x or 3x), I don't even know what that means:frown: All I know is Berto told me it's time for it cuz my FX just flip 40k miles.

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    A simple drain & fill will only remove 3 or so quarts of oil, whatevers in the pan. If you dont flush out all the old, some do a drain & fill 3 times while running the car in each gear shortly to get the newer oil circulated. After the 3rd time, you end up with a blend of new & old.
    either of these methods use more quarts than the capacity of the entire system, as there is waste, & the Nissan Manumatic fluid is fairly costly. Find out what is included in the service.

9. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    $75.00 does seem kind of high. But yes ask them wait the service includes.

10. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

OK. I called LMS and spoke to Steve. Steve initially quoted me like $385 or so, but I mentioned that the forum members have been getting their springs installed @ $240 or 3 hours @ $80. He wanted to know who and I mentioned Min (Twin Turbo) and Will (the guy who loves LMS). He looked up your names and he agreed to give me the same price.

Only thing left to do is wait. My appointment is on Thursday 10AM. How long does the springs actually take to install?? I'll have to wait there until my car is done.

11. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Should be about a two hour job . . if that.

12. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Depending on what you needs are, you can ask him for a loaner car. Yet, it should only take no more than 2 hours for them to do. You can always watch Cable TV or surf the Web or better yet talk to Will's Second favorite girl ANA at the reception desk.

Very cool gal.

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Better to call and make an appointment....yeah I think thats what it cost. I'll be there on monday for the Headers install at 9am. No weekends....only the last saturday of every month.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I can meet ya for breakfast if you want...but I do have plans later that afternoon (its a special day for someone next thursday);)

15. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

My wife has offered to come along so I might not be rotting while waiting for my car. I think we go shopping or something. Is there a mall near by?

My son's coming too so we'll be well fed by the time we get to LMS.

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Santa Anita Mall is there - right by the race track.........
    http://www.westfield.com/santaanita/

17. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

tho, if you don't mind a slightly longer drive, but the Glendale Galleria is a much better mall...