Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] The Random Question Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tchuck, Nov 18, 2011.

1. tchuck

tchuck iS VIP iS VIP

Portland, OR
    Garages:
    I've seen threads like this on other sites and I like 'em. Basically, if you have a little random FX/EX/JX related question that requires a very simple answer, you can post it here instead of creating a new thread for it.
    Some examples are:
    "What is this part called?" (with a picture of said part)
    "Any current deals on rotors?"
    "Who has a boosted FX on IS?"

etc...

I'll start:

What are the differences (if any) between the FX45 and AWD FX35 transmissions?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

more HP? :tongue (2):

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

(good idea about the thread tho :top:)

3. Dracula

Dracula Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    Why did i end up with 4qt of oil when i started out with 5?

4. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    bell housing size & bolt pattern is different. not sure about internals but think there the same really. all DE's use nissan's smaller bell housing pattern, while vk45's as well as the 09 up 3.5HR 35's and the fx50's all use the larger bolt pattern, of course those are 7 speeds though but they share the same VK bell housing :)

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

how many miles? not uncommon for the de's to start to burn oil with some miles on them... mine with closer to 100k burned around a quart every 2k miles...

5. Dracula

Dracula Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    very interesting, i got 83k

6. GOFAST24

GOFAST24 Member

Sugar Hill GA
    2011 FX35 RWD
    How many and what type (HID/STD) of headlight bulbs are in a 2009 G37 Journey/ Tech/ NAV/ Sport package car. This post doesnt belong here but to make a long story short my Son bought this car at a Used Car Dealer in Marrietta GA thursday and when he was ready to drive it home that PM the lights didnt work. On the way home he took it to the Infiniti Dealer in Duluth GA and they checked it out and said there were "no bulbs at all" in the damn thing! I dont know if anyone has ever had this type of thing happen but thought the old addage "Buyer Beware" applies. The Infiniti dealer quoted him $978 to install new lights, I still dont know if that included 2 or 4 bulbs or of what type?
    Thanks

7. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    D2s hid bulbs, $20 shipped on eBay, rest you can get for like $20 for the rest of the filament bulbs at any auto store. Saved you like $900....:)

8. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    What color coolant does the 1g fx35 use? Any recommendations on a particular brand/type?

Demographics of my area if it matters... Upstate NY/NYC weather... hot summers (~90 F), cold winters (~10 F)

9. bleedingsujit

bleedingsujit Premium Member Premium

green I believe. I did Prestone diluted last time i flushed the system. never had a problem.

10. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Mine is green. I used Peak when I needed to top it off. I think it was the pre-diluted so it was simple pour in. Danica Patrick endorses Peak. Mmmmmmm

11. angryfx

angryfx Member

ny
    q5
    Garages:
    does oil spill out when you take the filter out?

I know it sounds dumb but...
    I change my oil synthetic about every 6k give or take
    but maybe i was thinking to change just the filter around 3k or so
    just for better maintainence.... so
    if i had the oil full and took the filter out ... am i gonna get splashed with oil?
    thank you for any input....:wink (2):

12. Jmess86

Jmess86 Member

Charlton, MA
    Garages:
    I don't think all of it will come out but a good amount will. If you get a good filter ie: oem nissan or bosch you will be fine for 5-6k miles.

13. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Yes. This would have been a good question for our new "random question" thread.

14. angryfx

angryfx Member

ny
    q5
    Garages:
    ok maybe ill try when the weather gets better....
    wanna see a pic of me drenched in oil? lubed?....
    lol sorry

15. Jmess86

Jmess86 Member

Charlton, MA
    Garages:
    If there was only a "NO THANKS" button it would have been clicked.

16. porkandbeans

porkandbeans iS Dutcher iS VIP

Inland Empire, CA
    2003 FX45 AWSM
    Garages:
    Tared and feathered!
    I would NOT try a filter swap alone. When you disengage the filter, it will flow like an open drain plug. Then when you install the new filter, oil will shoot in all directions until the threads line up, tighten , and seal.
    Reminds me of the comment about the trans strawberry death syrup. (classic! Who was that?)

17. Logan

Logan iS VIP iS VIP

Seattle
    Garages:
    That would be Tchuck - OP of this thread and resident wordsmith.....

18. sir21

sir21 iS VIP iS VIP

PNW
    2005 Ford Excursion
    Garages:
    You mean if you don't drain the oils and just try to swap the filter? If so it will drain a good amount.

19. forevame

forevame foreva me

ny
    2009 fx50s
    Garages:
    how long do you need to warm up the fx for ....its like it takes for ever to leave the c.......I just wait until the rpms fall to 1000 or under then drive of.

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I think it won't loose more than it normally does... the filter is above the oil level & needs the oil pump to turn to feed it oil, should be the same residual weather the pan is drained or not...