Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Strange Two Clicks

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Keemo, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I'm not sure if anyone has heard this but it happends only after I have it in Park, turn it off, turn it back on, put it in Drive and start going. Not Just from Park to Drive to moving.

But it seems like after I've turned it off then back on and get going there is a weird two clicks that seem to come from right under my feet or in front of them the first time it changes gear from first to second. It only happends once after I get going, after it's been off.

Anyone heard this?:confused:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. I'm sure that's ur ABS kicking in.

3. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Really? Does it just engage something then?

Do I feel stupid!:rofl::shame: I guess I'm just glad that there's nothing wrong with anything.

4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i think its the AWD. when you first get going up to 10 km/h or so the AWD is fully engaged and then it turns off...that might be the noise you are hearing.

5. OP
    OP
    Keemo

That could be it as well, since it IS quiet until I hit around that speed, then 'click click'
    hmmm.....:confused: again.;)

By the way brown_fv, did you ever find out what that slight noise was when we put it into manual?

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

sorry i havent figured out what the noise is with the transmission in manual mode...ive been pretty swamped with work:frown:. maybe when im at the shop next week getting my new pulley installed i can talk to them and maybe they might have some kind of idea.

i will keep you posted if any info comes up

7. silverFX

silverFX Member

Newburgh, Indiana
    Sold my 2003 FX35
    I hear it all the time.

I hear it all the time. I drive with the windows down almost every time I get in. 99.99% sure it is the AWD. You will hear it when you let off the gas too. I remember asking the dealer awhile back and he said it is normal operation of the car

8. OP
    OP
    Keemo

It's settled then!! It's all good!

But if it gets any worse I'll be back.;)

Thanks guys.

9. i asked the tech when we went for a test drive to listen for the popping from my front fender. he said that the ABS does a self check at 10mph every time you start the car. the sound is completely normal. if it was the AWD disengaging you would hear it every time you pass 10mph, not just the first time.

10. MTN FX

MTN FX Mountain Man Premium

Big Bear City,Ca.
    2004 FX35 AWD
    John Green
    Garages:
    Glad to see this info!:top:
    I was trying to figure out what this sound was.Thought I had a problem.:nerd:

11. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    gonna have to listen for this tomorrow, not sure i have ever heard it.

12. I had something similar happen to my FX but its RWD. When I told this to the service advisor at the dealer he said it’s the wheel bearings making that noise they need to be lubricated he also said it’s a common problem with Infiniti. So they lubricated them and I haven’t heard the noise since. Hope this helps.

13. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah it took me a while to notice that abs self check pump thing when you first start to move, it almost feels like a quick burst of traction/stability system kicking in for a split second, you almost feel it more than you hear it, but yeah, that's normal...

14. I think its the abs kicking in