Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] stolen car found... years later

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Jan 12, 2008.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Showroom condition (despite a bit dusty) 1993 300ZX found in storage facility...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho...d.php?t=1907115

A salesman apparently stole the car when it was new, locked it up in storage, paid about $17k for the storage facility over the years, told the owners he no longer needed the storage, so they opened it up and found the lost 300ZX. Statute of Limitations is up, so he's not going to have any charges pressed against him... but at the same time, he spent $17k to store a car he never got to drive.

Unfortunately, NA auto. Probably so that they wouldn't spend the time hunting him down (the people in power would spend more time pursuing the more valuable model), but it'd have been much cooler if it were a loaded TT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

why didn't he steal the TT model? :rolleyes:

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I wish I had the money to lock up something nice... like a Porsche GT3 or better yet a GTR :p

Take it out and enjoy it like a finely aged wine...

4. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

hmmmm... wonder if i could lock my car up and report it stolen... take insurance money and have a nice deposit for my flatblack m5 and still have my snowcar...

5. I wonder what was the sticker price for that thing back then? and yes, he should have taken the twin turbo instead. I also wonder if it starts, I would say the battery is probably gone:LOL: and the gasoline probably turned into vaseline...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  6. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

I wander how fresh that smiley face on the front windshield is :p.

7. frankfx

frankfx Member

NJ
    rubber seals, gas, any fluids probably all gone....neat though, wonder if it still smells like a brand new 90s nissan.

8. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Hahaha! That's crazy! I wonder what that can with the Nissan label is. :LOL:

9. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    anyone notice the smily face drawn on the windshield? haha

10. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Ya :LOL: ^^^