Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Stillen Grounding Wires??

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Mongolian, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

it does work, but dont expect any hp gains. i dont know if i felt any smoother acceleration with my grounding kit but i did notice the bass hit harder in music. Also dont think a grounding kit is worth $140+shipping, you can make your own for maybe around $50 max and get the same effect or buy a custom kit made by users on forums, there are tones out there. do a search on www.my350z.com and www.g35driver.com

3. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

Ok. Good to know that they work.

I would normally opt to go with the cheaper alternative, but what legal actions can I pursue with private parties that make their product from their homes ... just in case of defects. I would personally fork over more dough and be secured knowing that I can pursue legal actions if my vehicle gets damaged or if I get injured as a result of the defect.

I guess that's just me planning for uncertainties :p

Anyhow, thanks for the information.

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I did this awhile back. This is a repost from that thread on the org.

I recently added a grounding kit to my FX. It is from Gordon Gee and made specifically for the FX45. He does alot of these kits for the G35 and Z's. Here are some pictures.

This kit is the 8 cable performance series model made of 4 gauge cables with high quality solid copper terminals and oxygen free wire strands plated to resist oxidation.

finished1.jpg
    overview.jpg
    Cable1and6.jpg
    Cable4and5.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    ecu_enginebay.jpg
    ecu1.jpg
    ecu3.jpg
    tcu1.jpg
    Tranny.jpg
    finished2.jpg

My experience with the kit is so far very positive. It won't give you any real jolt in performance, but I feel it has made my FX much much smoother overall mechanically. The shifts are smoother in all gears and seems more responsive. The installation was pretty straight foward and not too difficult. The most difficult cable was the tranny as it was very....should I say clausterphobic under the FX with only the jack holding it up, lol, definately not for the faint of heart. Anyways, just thought I would share this mod for anyone interested in such a kit. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

5. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    And if nothing else, it looks nice! I did this on my previous car and got a lot of compliments. Adds some color to the engine bay.

6. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I did this Mod a couple of months ago. I made two kits 1-6 wire ground I did for Massive, and 1-8 wire ground kit for my FX. you will notice smoother shifts, and a slightly quieter engine idle. GWKs are supposed to help ease the resistance on your electical system, and with all the wiring nightmares the car is entangled with from the factory. The Kit does what it does. Like Krayzie said you will not get any HP gains out of the GWK. But you'll have to be the judge for yourself once you've done it. one thing for sure it won't hurt to try it. unless you buy one... :biggrin:

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

interesting, how do you know where to attach all those ends?

and Dr.2K, in case I would do this mod in the future... who's/where's this place where you got the kit?

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I've always wondered what this was for - now I know.......:biggrin:

9. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

+1 The more we know. The more I want to put money in my BLACK HOLE ;)

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The kit I got came with installation instructions as do most kits. The maker of this kit is from Canada but I do not know if he still makes these kits for the FX45. Mine was a test kit and only the 2nd kit he had done for the fx. His web site is http://www.groundinggear.com/. Back then he did alot of kits for the z and g's.

11. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    There are a few ground points that you will attach the kit to example from the battery to the frame point nearest the batterty, working your way forward. infact I think Jeff has a write up on the GWK. I know I followed those instruction when i installed mine. you really can't go wrong...

here is the link: Custom Grounding Kit - InfinitiScene.com

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Right on, goof job Dee!

13. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I called Goordon Gee and spoke to his daughter and left him a message.

I just missed his call and left me a message that he will call me at a latter time to make arrangements for the Kit for my FX.

Just wanted to say thanks for the recomendation. I hope that it works out.:biggrin:

14. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    It took me about 8-10 months to get my kit lol. But that was because Gordon lost all his data when his computer crashed and he was very busy with other projects. But he was very nice guy and I know you will be happy with the kit Humberto. Randy also does these kits and I know Min got one from him.

15. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Hmm? Really.... I will try to get a hold of him latter.

Thanks again Pierce

16. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey H, if you take a look at Jeff's write up you could just make your own. go to a audio shop close to your house. Buy about 8' of 4 Guage wire(more than enough cable +extra) some ring connectors crimp them on and same yourself some money in the process. Hell if you just want to spend money I'll make the kit and pay me the 50 bucks. lol...Hey you get you ride back yet?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  17. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Really :eek:. I just have not read the thread that Jeff posted on the How To. I will look into it.

I should get my ride today..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I hope I did not use too many smilies... just exited....

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Did you get your FX back Humberto?

19. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
  20. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Bringing this back from the dead maybe. I still have a NRG ground wire kit lying in my shop wich i haven't come around to mounting. Can you tell me why there are 2 wires attached to the ECU and only one is coming in from the engine bay...??