Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Stealth Flat Black Stockers

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by HumbertoCALI, Feb 29, 2008.

1. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Even since Dave played arround with my FX with stock rims I had a to get it done. My other buddy in Chicago gave me the extra words of encouragement to get it done also...;)

Here is a picture of Dave's (GTO-DAVE) idea of going stealth...

BERT_BLACK_STOCKS.jpg

I followed in is original direction but I wanted the logo to stay chorme so I removed the Infiniti logo from the caps and Painted the rims last night...

Tell me what you guys think... I will use these for the track..:err:

I tried to get every angle so you guys can see how good it came out..
    100_3261-1.jpg
    100_3260.jpg
    100_3259.jpg
    100_3258.jpg
    100_3256.jpg
    100_3257.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The 3rd picture looks the best with the sunlight not directly shining on them. Did you clear coat at all? Came out pretty good all in all. Nice work Bert.

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That looks cool, . . but the fingerprints are gonna kill ya!
    Those have to be either painted gloss or powdercoated.

BTW, lose the chrome! It's too dinky

4. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    NO clear coat yet.. Trying to get the formula where I can protect the finish without getting it to shine.. I don't want to loose the Flat Black look.. If not it will look like I just spray painted it with a Black Spray Can..

5. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Dude the Chrome looks good on it.. I might tint them.. But the Chrome stays..

6. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, but like Dave said it will be a headache to keep looking good. I think powdercoat would have been more practical, no?

Edit...chrome looks fine. Don't listen to Dave =)

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Dude those look really good. man Dave and his photoshops haha always encouraging people to do things haha. i cant wait to see these mounted.

word of advice; i wouldnt use those for the track. if you really like them use them for your everyday wheels but 40lbs each for track wheels is way too much. it will kill your time.

8. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Use a matte clear to clear coat them. I would be afraid of putting tires on them...

9. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    It might be. But there is no fun in letting someone else do what you can do on your own....

I had allot of fun doing it and I had a chance to put my compressor and spray gun to good use.. :)

10. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

those look a lot like my ol' wheels ;)

11. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Not really looking to beat or have great times at the track.. I just go because I like to hang out.

If I really wanted to then I would push the envelope and take Rookie's Advice. But you never know..:cool:

Plus I dont plan on using them allot.. Thats why I have the TITANS....:bigsmile:

12. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    They sure are Brother.. Thanks again... Forgot to drop your name in the mix...:top:

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

they came out great... can't wait to see them on the Rhino

14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

BTW, Berto..glad to see you so active the past two days. ive noticed you havent been as active lately (probably a lot on your plate) but its great to see you posting!

15. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Wow wow wow......mister secret guy, i shared my secret mods with you the other day and you didnt even mention this. Looks good my man.

16. Wow...nice, very nice. Is that a Flat Black finish? Can you tell us what type Paint and Primer you used and a brief discription of how you prepped and painted the wheel before painting.

I'm curious 'cause I'm looking to do the very same with my stockies. Again...great look and very inovative.

BTW...I just returned fron LA last week and I was amazed to see how many FX's are rolling out there. Nice that you guys can have the RWD also with your weather out there.

17. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Not to be an smart ass but you can't very well powdercoat wheels on your own :p;).
    But I'm glad you had fun doing it Bert :biggrin:. I guess I will see them next week...and I will be sure to put my fingerprint on each wheel :4tongue: :xd:.

18. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Powdercoat needs a cook. Good luck finding an oven that large. I thik a satin coat would look best. Maybe you can find a clear tht will do that.

19. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

The wheels on my buddies G in this thread were powdercoated by a shop we use. It's more of a satin and matte K67P67's G - InfinitiScene.com

The center caps would need to be painted to match, since they can't really be put in an oven let alone be powdercoated.

20. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Nice Job Berto, you might want to protect them... great look though! I thought you were sick, you were playing hookie from work and painting. lol....

Thx for that number the other day....