Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

STB question

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by sgvxcheese, Sep 28, 2007.

1. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    quick question! i just installed my stillen stb yesturday, and i kinda feel like it made the allignment off. keep in mind i have a new 08 fx. would it be possible because the strut isnt eactly even?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Only thing I can think of is maybe did you torque it too much? I think specs are 30-35 lbs?

Others have had their alignment off because they got one with it on. They mentioned to loosen it before the alignment. I got an alignment with it on, no problems.

3. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Besides having some alignment feeling issues, how does it feel?

4. OP
    OP
    sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    ohhh! u know wats funny they never stated the torque weight. but i did it to 45 just to be on the safe side. it feels good btw. the car is much more centered when cornering. i can feel a difference when braking too.

5. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    "OE Specs are 35 ft/lbs for the strut tower nuts and Stillen recommends hand tightening for the through bolts on the bar itself which is around 20-25 ft/lbs."

I did mine to 35 ft/lbs for the strut tower nuts.

There was no chance I could hand tighten the through bolts on the bar, torqued it to 25 ft/lbs.

No issues for me whatsoever. Other FXer I met with had them a lot tighter and no issues, but I re-torqued it to specs just to be on the safe side.