Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

staggered opinion

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by turbocad6, Nov 30, 2007.

1. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

Garages:
    ok, I need an opinion on tires. I have 20x9 wheels all around. as much as I'd like to go to 22's with an agresive stagger I really can't cause the rims I would want are going to be big $$$, & I would rather stick with what I got & put that money into better stuff like FI maybe..

I need to replace the 4 tires, I'm considering going with yokohama parada spec x's.

the make this tire in a 265 50 & they also make it in a 295 45. now both are exactly the same diameter 30.6. I'm thinking of staggered tires, the 265's fron & the 295's rear... & would like any opinion on this... my thoughts are to do it & worse case if I don't like it then I could just order 2 more to match whichever of the 2 I decide I'd rather have all around, but would rather not have to wind up buying 6 tires in the end just to experiment

opinions would be great, thanks guys:biggrin:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Car:
    car
    295 on a 9" would just make the sidewall bulge bigger, contact patch would not change much. I would stick with the same size tires you already have. I'm sure you already know you can stagger lips and use the same size wheel widths if you go with a custom wheel.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I agree, the extra bulge may not look too pleasing.

4. OP
    OP
    turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

Garages:
    yeah, thanks, I was thinking the extra bulge in the rear might look better as the rear is a little fatter... guess I'll take your advise & stick with the 265's all around... thanks , just ordered them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.