Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

staggered opinion

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by turbocad6, Nov 30, 2007.

1. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    ok, I need an opinion on tires. I have 20x9 wheels all around. as much as I'd like to go to 22's with an agresive stagger I really can't cause the rims I would want are going to be big $$$, & I would rather stick with what I got & put that money into better stuff like FI maybe..

I need to replace the 4 tires, I'm considering going with yokohama parada spec x's.

the make this tire in a 265 50 & they also make it in a 295 45. now both are exactly the same diameter 30.6. I'm thinking of staggered tires, the 265's fron & the 295's rear... & would like any opinion on this... my thoughts are to do it & worse case if I don't like it then I could just order 2 more to match whichever of the 2 I decide I'd rather have all around, but would rather not have to wind up buying 6 tires in the end just to experiment

opinions would be great, thanks guys:biggrin:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

295 on a 9" would just make the sidewall bulge bigger, contact patch would not change much. I would stick with the same size tires you already have. I'm sure you already know you can stagger lips and use the same size wheel widths if you go with a custom wheel.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I agree, the extra bulge may not look too pleasing.

4. OP
    OP
    turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, thanks, I was thinking the extra bulge in the rear might look better as the rear is a little fatter... guess I'll take your advise & stick with the 265's all around... thanks , just ordered them :)