Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Speedo Calibration

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by RideOrDie, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Now that I've gotten the wheels, would I need a speedo calibration done? I'm running a 285/35/22 profile.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    What is the width of your new wheels?

3. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

width is 9.5

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    From your stock tires to these current ones there isn't a huge difference. Its about 1.9% faster. So if you were going about 60mph the speedo would read about 58.9 mph. This is based on if you were coming off of the 20in oem wheels. On the other hand, if you were coming from the 18in oem wheels then there would be a 2.2% difference equating to about 58.7 mph actual speed on the speedo reading 60mph.

5. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

The overall height of the oem size vs the 285/35-22 size is about 1/2". As Dr.2K said it results in a 1.9% difference. It shouldn't be too far off that it would require a speedo recalibration.

I'm not totally positive but this difference may also affect the odometer and the mpg display as well. All minimal differences.