Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Speeding Ticket Camera (?)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Dec 16, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Anyone know if we, here in the U.S. (or California), have these things? All I know is... just now, going home to my parents' house... I made a turn at a corner... I gun'd it and was going around 60mph (speed limit was 50), and I saw (at the corner of my eye), some flashes went off... I'm freakin' out right now cuz I can't afford to have ticket... I know they have'em in Europe but this is gonna suck if that was some kind of speeding ticket camera

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Not that I'm aware....are you sure it wasnt the red light cameras and you turned on a red?

3. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

okay, so my curiosity was killin' me... I went back to that spot and all I saw were some trees... those cameras are usually pretty big...

I think this is what happened... yes, the intersection where I turned on has cameras... lots of them. No, I didn't run a red light... in fact, it's a "NO TURN ON RED" corner. I waited, the light turned green... made the turn... gun'd it... that's when I (thought I) saw the flashes... I think it took pictures of someone else behind me and there were reflexions of the flashes or something... and perhaps thats what I saw....

btw, I know you live in Baldin Park... but if you're ever in the Walnut area, that interesection where Mt.SAC is.... Grand x Temple... has cameras up the ying yang.... and has absolutely NO tolerance!!! The cameras are constantly going off...

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

yeah I drive by there on Fridays when I go home....I usually drive super slow when I know theres cameras approaching so that I catch a red light, I would rather catch a red light and wait. Thanks for the heads up Ken! Those things are popping up like crazy in Baldwin Park & West Covina too........

5. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I'm not sure if this is true... I actually learned this in traffic school awhile back.... but I heard that if you put the sunshade down (ahead of time of course)... and suppose your picture's taken due to a violation... and your face can't be recongnized because of the sunshade... they toss it out.

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I do that too - hahaha.....as I approach the intersection I flip the shades down and I adjust my cap a lil bit too

7. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    You asians and driving.. The 2 should not mix:LOL::rofl::wub:

Anytime Will.

8. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yeah, and us Asians are everywhere in that area which is why there're these cameras everywhere... Also the reason why I started thinking they may have installed some speeding cams...

9. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Ja Ja .. Good one Ken... You know I'm just kidding..

10. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

but it's true tho... there're ricers everywhere in that area, always looking for a race... I can't tell you how many times I'd be in a hurry, not trying to pick a fight... but once I gun it off a light, the dude next to me just assumes I'm challenging him...

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Racial Slurs are a good reason to be BANNED

(notice the red font Mods)

12. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    damn... burn

13. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    even if it was a camera it could have been a dummy. here in staten island, nyc, they have like 20 installed all over my bourogh. However out of the 20 only like 10 of them or less are actual cameras, the other ones are dummies w/ a flash going off or cameras that have been disabled. Some law required that not all cameras can be used at once and limited its usage. They usually keep the "high traffic" intersection cameras on and for the low and less dense traffic ones, they variate which ones are turned on and off.

14. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

Yups, just as pmanliu said...here in vancouver they do the same thing...they have a bunch of those things setup but only some of them actually have cameras in them. I sort of ran a late Yellow on night and saw a flash go off but didnt get a ticket...got lucky that time but i didnt see the camera either:eek:

15. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Theres a couple of red light cameras in Toronto too...a lot of people get caught because they dont make complete stops when making a right turn on a red light, and the cameras pick that one up most of the time.

theres actually a camera at the major intersection closest to my house...i almost rolled through a red to make the right turn at around 3am a few weeks back but i remembered the camera was there and made a full stop.

16. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Paparazzi :p