Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 spark plug!?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by muchilus, Jan 23, 2008.

1. what are the best performance spark plugs for the infiniti? colder or hotter?

Iridium perform much better? or NGK stocks?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I am pretty sure your stockers will be fine... you usually do not have to change to a colder plug unless you have over 50-100 extra horses. Coppers (conduct heat better, easier to gap, cheaper) are better, just switch them out more often.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, Jeff's right. No need for iridium unless you are boosted. But I do run 1 step colder NGK platinum plugs

4. which one you change one step colder? did you have the reference? to be honest i already have iridium installed, on idle i feel little diference. but may i return to the stock one or even little colder, depend your reference.

NGK IX iridium 4469 LFR5AIX-11 .044"

NGK Double Platinum 6240 PLFR5A-11 .044" (Original Equipment Manufacturer, and/or Original Equipment Service Part)

Note: i was checking the gap of the spark splug today, looks clear, but on the rock of each spark have a little oil, is normal in this engine, or is evidence that the cam gasket is permit pass oil from seals of o-rings? remember the oil is not on the gap of the spark, just around rock.

the gap is ash by the use of LPG.

Gasoline leave Carbon residue because is not burn entirely on the cylinder just 70% of mixture is aproach.

5. Remember that i have around 40 hp more with all the mods.