Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] South Bay Infiniti

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by puhahacj, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

South Bay Infiniti really put a smile on my face. Most stealerships out there will try anything to rip you off, but not South Bay Infiniti.

- They match competitor prices (took my FX on Wednesday for wheel alignment, and ECU reprogrammed, they initially wanted $140 for the alignment, told them about Pep Boys price and matched their price with no hassle. ECU reprogram cost me only $100)

- Car wash service (any service you bring your Infiniti in for, comes with car wash service and interior vacuuming, tire dressing. So you bring your car in for a regular oil change and get genuine Nissan parts, and a car wash that would cost $12-$15 anywhere outside. Oil change priced same with Jiffy Lube.

- LOANER CAR, leave your car there for servicing, you get the new 08' G35 loaner cars. Awesome, no need to wait around for your car to finish servicing, they'll provide loaner car service (get there early)

Never in the past have I promoted dealerships for car maintenance services, but if you have simple DIY maintenance, it's worth it to spend the $$$ to get competitive pricing, but better because you get genuine parts, car wash, and a loaner car. It's a great deal.

John Bolter is the service manager,
    South Bay Infiniti of Torrance

Really guys, I'm promoting South Bay Inf. because I sincerely believe them to be good people.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

What did they reprogram on the ECu for you?

and you might want to read this thread re the car wash- :frown::eek:
    ///755&highlight=car+wash

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    We should start a thread on dealer reviews. Like if you're modd'd, which SA to speak to, & who not.

4. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

Damn

Damn! But last time I saw, they were just using high pressure water, hope it's not all that other dirty stuff you guys talked about.

Car got reprogrammed after car had weird warm start-ups. The idle would dropped to almost stall out on warm starts, could have been the previous owner going a little hard on the throttle all the time.

The only thing I didn't like about South Bay Inf. was the price they quoted for the belts replacement. They wanted $169, a little pricey for a simple DIY since our Fx35 engine bays are very open to work with. Parts at Kragen for the Gatorback belts are total $38 after tax, for both belts, about 1 - 2 hours of labor, (20 minutes alone for removing stupid belly pan). I actually have a friend who owns a shop in Gardena, on Crenshaw/Marine who does labor for around $50, but oh well, it'll be a fun 2 hours.

UPDATE, took in my mom's I35 today, they are quoting $150 for rear brake pad service. DECENT deal? The oem pads are f'ing nice, lasted 70K.

I heard Santa Monica Infiniti is horrible with service and prices.........

5. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

Wow!

I would think that $150 is awesome for a brake service and from a dealership!!

Honda dealership charges me $240 or so.... and Riverside Infiniti was quoting very close to $300 for FX....

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yeah, I don't care for them... it's where I bought my FX... let's just say, they sold me a used FX that supposedly gone through the rigorous inspection... but less than a month after I bought it... Mission Viejo Infiniti discovered that the front brake pads were @ 20-25% and rear pads @ less than 50% . When I called them on it... they didn't believe me and made me drive all the way up there just to prove it to them... (I'm in South OC)

But that's just my experience... I think Dave has good relations with them...

7. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    It's true, I do.
    It's all who you know, which is exactly why we need a thread that discusses who to go to. SA's love referrals, & the Hot wheel cars I bring them ;). If you get personal, they treat you like a person. I'll start that thread, but thinking about placing that in the Supporters lounge. You supporters need your perks :iS:

8. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

Yes!

$150 IS a damn great deal. GREAT NEWS FOR ALL INFINITISCENE MEMBERS, I just got contact with John Bolter, service manager for South Bay Infiniti,

"Let me know if I could offer your members oil change specials @ $25.00, also can give the members special price's on any work performed.

John Bolter "

Hey guys, for $25, it's damn worth it with the stupid belly pan removal, and the car wash.

The tranny drain and fill today only cost me $--, let's just say it was cheaper than JIFFY LUBE, a lot cheaper.

SOUTH BAY INFINITI! Damn it, nice people.

9. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

For all other services, he was basically quoting at 50% of the advertised prices, savings goes to all InfinitiScene members.

10. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

Update as of today.

John Bolter of S. Bay Infiniti is quoting us $49 for entire brake system flush. Good deal from regular price of $149.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  11. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    It's a brilliant marketing plan to get business. Charge less to get people in, but still make a profit. More customers=more money. I guess it's a win-win situation. :cool:

12. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ya . . after they flush your pump, they flush your wallet for the new brake pads they say you need

13. Do your own brakes! lol.

14. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

I did! I bought the Motive Speed Bleeder model 0107, I bled my mom's I35 and my FX, both cars in less than an hour. Didn't even need to take off the wheels for this easy DIY.

I wrote a quick DIY in the thread Bleeding FX35 Brakes

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Front brakes are easy, but I heard rear brakes will be hard because of the ABS. Is this true?

15. John Bolter is the Man!

Just had my fx serviced at Infiniti of Southbay and John Bolter did a great job! Highly recommend! Also a shout out to IS and its membership especially Puhahacj for writing about John! Oil, trans fluid drain and fill, fuel injector service and a new air filter for about $200 bucks! She's a 2003 so i want her around for a long time!:biggrin:

16. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

Holy moly, only $200?? That's a damn good deal!!! Good job....I'm actually visiting John today to get my horn checked out. He might even give me a loaner for tonight/tomorrow just to have that checked out.......

How did your car feel after the fuel injector service???

17. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

John Bolter pulls through again for IS......getting him an IS polo shirt.

18. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Dont tell him how much you paid for it

19. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

It's not about the $$, it's about the love, expensive expensive love.

20. 15,000 mile service

Will the servic manager do 50% off for the 15000 mile service? And if yes, who do I talk too? Do I go there and ask for the service manager?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.