Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Socal Nopi 6/30-7/1

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by rookie, Jun 22, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I'm still planning on going.

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I might drop by on Sunday if I can.

4. OP
    OP
    rookie

That would be cool if any of you guys can drop by. Would love to meet up and shoot the sh!t.

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    My Ride might be ready by then.. Would love to see the Man.

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I'm hoping mine will be too.
    I dropped by the shop and checked the car. It was all washed, so I figured they were done :(

They hate me over there already . . . They got a ner bumper cover, but bad masking job. what idiots for not doing good prep work. They did not sand the flash off, so there are pricklies on the edges under the paint. Headlight gap too, duuuuh, uneven seam lines where the parts mate & I can still see a small bend at the front fender from the stress.
    Last but not least, bad paint match. OMG, I'm like guys, cmon, there's not a scratch on my car, & this is what you give me? "Do it again".
    With the damage I incurred, which was fairly minimal, there's no reason it shouldnt look factory fresh, especially with new parts. I'm sure I'm gonna have to tell them to do again when I show up next week. All I can say is "half ass & lazy"

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:

Sorry to hear about whats happenign with your FX Dave. I know how you feel, but I think I speak for all of us here in that we are ALL anal about our cars and probably others things too. So don't worry about it you are not alone. Hope it comes out better for you next week.

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I even washed her before bringing it in, thinking they might notice how tight it was, & this is a week after a 6 coat Zaino + FK1 pink wax treatment.

Was I ever wrong . . . .

9. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No one will ever take as much care in your personal property then you. So some things you just have to live with and chalk it up to theres nothing more you can do.

10. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

In this case there is. I say "Do it Again"! umm sorry to be a dick, . . but . . "Do it Again"!

11. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Dave! Well I hope it gets done the way you want it done.

12. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    THX, Like I said . . factory fresh, no substitutions

13. Me and Jr will be there on Sunday.
    I'll see you all there.

P.S.
    Hey - my signature disappeared again !!!
    Cr@p !

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I might stop by Saturday - I'll try.....

15. OP
    OP
    rookie

Be sure to come out if you can guys. There are quite a few socal members I've been wanting to meet in person. My past few months have been consumed with the widebody and carshows. It's cool to see more FX love in the press.

On autoimportcraze they used a pic of my FX on the little banner for HIN Chula Vista. :biggrin:

http://autoimportcraze.com/coverage.php?menu=3
    importautocraze.jpg

Attached Files:

16. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    My ride's still not ready for NOPI. So far they're on their 2nd NEW bumper. First one had scratches on the black, of which they had already painted the top portion (cant figure out why they didnt check before painting it). They gotta do it again. I wasnt happy with the seams, so I got a new fender on there now . . So they basically hate me over there, besides the fact that I dropped by yesterday unannounced & walked into the shop to check progress. Keeping fingers crossed for completion tomorrow, but I doubt it.

At least from what I can tell, the paint looks matches, but they still needed to color sand, & of course paint a new bumper . . LOSERS!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Anyone get pics of this??? I wasnt able to make it out.....:frown:

18. OP
    OP
    rookie

Wasn't too great of a show, competitor numbers were low. Hot, was fun to hang out as usual though. Mazzzur dropped by with his wife and son.

I didn't take many pics, was trying to stay under the shade.
    nopi_01.jpg

Top ten cars each won 300 dollars each. The 3 of us Randy's G35, Ted's Datsun 510 Bluebird, and me all won 300 each. :biggrin: Will link photos as I see them getting posted.

Attached Files:

19. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Congrads on Best in Show. I was planing on getting out there for one of the days but the usual circumstance came up. Didn't even make it out to HB meet. Did you guys stay over night? How was the widebody FX viewed at this meet, did ya attract a crowd?

20. OP
    OP
    rookie

What up Gil!!!!!

It was hot, your girls probably would not have been happy in the heat. The FX gets a whole lot of attention now at these shows. Good stuff for sure, It always had the interior and the engine bay and the nice wheels and brakes. Now it has some wow factor to it which makes people stop and take notice.

The double triple looks some people do is priceless. People watching is now my favorite part of the shows. :eek: