Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

snow tires in cali snow

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by asherchy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i recently purchased snow tires for my 18s... dunlop m3s. many may see this as a waste since i live and work in los angeles but with all the boarding i do in all the places, it was a good investment for me.... anyways

snowtires work AWESOME with our awd setups (driving in 8" at 30mph and went through 24") and i no longer have to sit in the slush putting on chains... BUT ...as i learned this week... you must carry chains with you.... caltrans does check... luckily i do because cables can be hard to find in our tire size

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. john

john Member

I've been considering snow tires, but haven't owned a set since we moved to Colorado from Minnesota in 1990. We get dumped on bigtime about once per year, but have never 'needed' snow tires.

*shrug*

I even drove my supra in the snow, on 285 wide summer tires. Now that was interesting... :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for cables on stock 18s?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008