Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Smoked Tail Light Covers

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by robb<35>, Oct 24, 2007.

1. hey guys as the title states, where can i get my rear tailights smoked? i don't want them to get painted just tint film, anyone know of places in the toronto area that do it with tint? if i can do it myself where can i buy this tint? dont really want to use tthose cheap plastic covers, thanks guys

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Do a little Search and you will find what you are looking for. Dr2K and pscline did a post for this and also provided a link for it...

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
  4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

but those overlays dont cover the whole tail light? is it just that one piece of the light?

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I beleive its just the reverse and the side part of the brake lights

7. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    it is hard to use overlays on the full tail because of the angles, most just paint....you could also get another set of clears as spares.

8. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye thats what i was thinking , i would use lamin-x but i havent seen any around in t.o, and if popos say anything than i gotta scrap those lights and buy new ones

9. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

question to fxlr8, are ur tails painted? or they just covers ?

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i dont think theres any real "law" for us in Ontario regarding tints and tinting, the only thing i read is that it is up to the officers discretion. if you run into a cop having a bad day or a tight ass you'll get booked for it.

11. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    painted

12. NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    I can get you the tint film from my work but like Fxlr8 said its a pita to do the taillights. I have a tinted set I had done by a local body shop I could sell ya if your interested.

13. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

where is your work?? and if i do end up painting them what type of paint did you use fxlr8