Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Smoked my taillights today

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by robb<35>, Jan 25, 2008.

1. as the topic states today i got my tail lights smoked, they look great and i have got a lot of compliments of how good they look, the body shop i go to painted my bumper since there were minor scratches that i could'nt buff out, so while he was at it i told him to smoke them, here are some pictures,

BEFORE :

DSC00299.jpg

AFTER :

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

:cool:

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

pictures are from my cell , i will post better pictures on a better day, too cold
    -19 outside lol

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yeah, I did mine awhile back too... what a difference! It was either get the clear lights, which would've cost more or get'em smoked... The body shop that I deal with only charged me $50 which I thought was pretty reasonable. Now, when I see another FX with the plain red tail lights... it just looks... well plain

4. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

:mad: I have plain Red!!!! :mad: ;)

I really want the clear ones.

Rob, now all you need now are some bat overlays for the reflectors/brake light to finish her off.
    Infiniti FX Overlays pictures by BlueBatmobile2005 - Photobucket Looks really good though. :cool:

5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye the smoked lights look good, compared to plain red ones

6. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ya thats the next thing im going to do, get those batoverlays for the reflectors, but next thing on my list is the springs/spacers & 22's

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Looks really good...not completely black but more of a dark red. i really like it. i probably would have gone that route in the end if i didnt get sport tails.

+1 on getting some reflector overlays. theyre pretty cheap and they make the back look a lot more complete (blends in more with the bumper)

8. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye well when its in direct sunlight from that shot it looks a bit red but there very blacklol, the guy did 4 coats, i want some brake light to go through without having to get a brighter bulb, but ya those overlays i will be ordering soon

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

opps, sorry... [​IMG] but if you got the clear ones... your FX will look 100% better;)

when you guys say "bat overlays" what exactly are you guys talking about? The link shows a bunch of stuff?

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I think the guys name that makes them is Andrew - but goes by Blue Batmobile on the forums - so everyone just kinda adapted to "Bat overlays" as a general term.

But in this case they were talking about the reflectors on the rear bumper

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

oh, but why the word "BAT"? I keep thinking there's some kind of "bat" sticker like you would see on the batmobile or something

12. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

:damnmate:

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

sorry, I missed it...

14. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Just jokes, no sorry needed. I am looking forward to dressing up the rear though.
    I feel as though I havent done a mod for while so I'm getting ancy. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  15. lol! See my gallery below.

Bat ;)

16. Roudi

Roudi Member

Dubai
    Nice pic !

17. smoked tail lights

My Fx is white and I think it will looks better with smoked light ..... But what I have to do? You think that is better to buy a smoked tail light kit? Where? On infinitiparts web site there's only clear tail lights:confused::wub:

18. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Banbino.

You have to go to a body shop to paint them black for you. No one sells them black.

19. So to a normal body shop with a normal black paint ? Humberto bambino it means baby .... Ragazzo means boy and uomo means men...... But please you have to teach me english mine is not so good...... men Obviously I'm joking not for my english that's looks bad ... but for the italian words!!!!!!

20. smoked tail lights

But Did you painted inside or outside ???