Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Sling Box?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Psiclne, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    I have the sling AV hooked up in another room at my house using the Sling 4 link. I also have the Sling pro with the HD connection hooked up to the cable DVR in my room.

The reason i first bought the sling box was to watch TV on my computer in another room but a year later i started working at our office on the other side of town. This building has no cable and its hard to catch a signal with an antenna. I'm here like 12 hours a day so no TV would drive me crazy. Thats why i brought my old computer from high school up here and hooked it up to a 42" plasma. Now everyone in the building is asking me everyday how I'm watching HBO :biggrin:

I also use sling box on my Laptop and my Nokia N95 8gb.... Having it on my phone is bad ass because my phone has a video output so i hook it up to my FX and audi when i drive around. Comcast Cable in the FX45 is crazy. I love it. Its also good when i'm waiting for my girlfriend to get ready somewhere or any other moments that you're having to wait on someone. Just sit back and flip through channels.

Draw back to sling box when i bough it was having to buy so many accessories to make it work the way you want it to. but they made solutions to that with the new sling boxes. They have one where you don't have to pay an extra $50 for an HD adapter. The new one also lets you view your computer's desktop on your big TV rather then just being able to watch cable on your computer. I think its called the sling box SOLO. I want it though.

Another thing is if someone changes the channle on the video source that you're using then it also changes on your computer because it only on input. Thats why i have the sling box Pro with multiple inputs. I have my HD DVR on one input, just regular basic cable on another input, and a dvd changer on another input.

The quality is good depending on your connection speed. Its good most of the time as lone as no one at work is downloading music.

The set up is so easy. Just follow the software that they supply you with.

My setup at work...

2282401060_7358518910_b.jpg

Attached Files:

3. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    Dave chapel at work :biggrin:
    OfficeMay071.jpg

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

5. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    and i thought i'd share, that is the sweetest office/control room i've ever seen!