Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Skunk 2 spacer install question

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by alphalink, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I just finished installing the Skunk 2 Spacer but i had a question the kit came with this plastic tube shaped like a "L" it said that it was for the Coolant but when i looked at the area with the coolant line there was three tubes. So i just left it the way it was. Does it make a difference in performance if i had installed that part?

So far the spacer has been great i feel more HP after 4K and paired witht the Z-Tube and K&N drop in my car sounds great. :biggrin:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

FXLR8 used to have the skunk2 plenum spacer...he might have the answers.

3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Nope did not have any L shaped tube when I had mine, I am thinking that it might be a coolant throttle body bypass mod....? Any pics?

4. OP
    OP
    alphalink

alphalink Member

I'll try to take some pic later tonight. I think it is for the coolant by pass mod but i don't know which tube is for the coolant. There are three tube that are connected to the throttle body.

5. i was talking directly to skunk 2 company, they said , they build this kit for 350z and g35 engines, and space compatible with those engine bay. did you find any other problem installing that kit? how much you pay for? you really feel the benefits?

Regards,

6. OP
    OP
    alphalink

alphalink Member

I got the spacer from someone over at my350z.com forum for around $150 including shipping. The spacer was brand new and included the nissan oem gasket. with the install i just left off the coolant bypass thing. But i didn't use any silicone for the seal and so far my car been running fine till now.