Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Site blocked at Work!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chedman13, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Site blocked at Work

infinitiscene blocked at work.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Maybe they log how much time you spend on sites, and if your addicted to IS i could see that being pretty high lol

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I don't know if this will help, but it's a funny story... One of my clients owns an ad agency... (his accounts range from IN n' OUT Burger, Fantastic Sam, to Kawasaki... not that it matters, but it's a pretty big company anyway...) So, awhile back... they noticed one of the employees... would act kinda weird or guilty everytime one of the upper management people walk by... and would always appear to be "x-ing" something off her computer screen... So, the discreetly asked the IT to see what da heck she had been on... and sure enough, she was on Myspace all day long... But they didn't confront her about it right away... They went to her page/profile... and between her and her "friends"... she was making comments like how bored she was at work and how cool it was she was gettin' paid for being on Myspace all day... So, they started off by blocking her computer from Myspace... I guess he said they would watch her sneak from one computer to another just to log on... This girl was totally addicted, she had no clue that they were on to her... all along they were reading her comments and talking shit about her work and her bosses. I mean... she would make comments like "...I don't understand why, but I can't seem to log on Myspace from my computer..." Needless to say, they eventually fired her but they had their fun watching her like a lab rat.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    man, if I had a boss I'd be fired long ago:p

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I work for a big company - and I DON'T ever go onto the internet. i know the man is watching us. We are allowed to on Lunch & breaks, but I dont even do that.

Big Brother is always watching - :shame::mad:

6. john

john Member

View the site when you are not @ work.

7. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i cant go online while at work but you wouldnt believe some of the things ive been paid to do while "at work"

8. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

do share... (and what do you do again?)

9. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i work for the studios (movie tv etc) decorating the sets. some of my favorite are snowboarding for 2 days while we filmed in bigbear, gambling on horses while we shot in the parking lot of santa anita race track, and drinking beer and playing video games at dave and busters in san diego. theres also the run to vegas when the accountants think youre finishing up a years worth of paperwork in the office (ah... laptops)

10. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

lemme know if they're hiring when the strike's over... :biggrin:

11. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

LOL!! thats a pretty funny story...i bet she felt dumb after that :LOL:

12. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

it's funny cause, on many employment applications now-a-days...they have an optional e-mail blank space, or people automatically include their email addy in their resume even when it's not required. What people don't know is... most employers now look them up on Myspace to see if they have a profile, thus "getting to know them" a little better long before the interview.

And yes... I've heard a lot from my clients on some of the applicants on their "double lifestyle" :wub:

13. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I can do that, thanks...

14. john

john Member

You may also be able to utilize an 'anonymous' proxy site/server.