Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

"Service Engine Soon" WTF?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by trainerKEN, Aug 26, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Is there a major service schedule at or around 36k miles? The "Service Engine Soon" indicator came on tonight at 35,550 miles... when I got my FX (just 5 months ago), it didn't come with any service booklet. I'm freakin' out here!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  3. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

thanks,

yeah... I'll probably just have to call tomorrow or take it in... I think I'm going drive a little further and go to Tustin Infiniti and bring up the trimming (TSB) issue while I'm at it... (oh, and the squeaky brakes too :confused:)

4. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

okay, so I learned something today... "Tighten Until Cap Clicks Or Service Engine Light May Turn On" [​IMG] The only thing is... I've always had a habit of going at least 3 clicks... but I guess I didn't for once...[​IMG]

View attachment 125895

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  5. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    LMAO... my roommate brought his crustang to the dealership for this issue, but his was actually faulty.

They stated in there that "suspect cust did not fully turn fuel filler cap" or some crap... he said that was the first thing he checked when he got the error, and magically after the dealership he didn't have the problem anymore.

So this was your major 35.5k mile issue? Atleast it was a quick fix :p

Let me know how the faded trim replacement goes on your '03. VA Beach will not do it.

6. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

wish me luck, RideOrDie said that he had no problems with Tustin Infiniti which is the next closest dealership... I'm about 2k miles into the last oil change... the next one, I'm taking it there (instead of Mission Viejo), and I'm going to bring it up at that point. [​IMG]

7. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Hahah that smiley fits perfectly, g'luck!

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Same thing happened to me when I had my Corolla. :p

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hmmm my light came on this morning......gotta call Cheryl.
    From searching - looks like it can be anything. Dee's was tranny issues, Kens was gas cap. Ok I'm gonna try to take it in tomorrow. Car drives fine. The only thing is Im a lil sketchy since I have to head out to downtown LA today for court.:cool:

10. Read the service manual, if the light stays solid then it is likely exhaust related (including the gas cap not being tight enough). If the light starts to blink, you have a more serious problem.

The light in my FX35 came on several times for no apparent reason, resetting the ECU via the pedal method took care of the issue and it is still running strong with no additional lights.

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Picked up the car Yesterday Metro Infiniti and apparently it was spitting out a code of: U1000

They said it was a ground terminal that was bad- which there is a TSB for: TSB EX12AA 2.2

My invoice says:

"Found Code U1000. Repair EMC Ground Terminal Per TSB EX12AA 2.2"

12. my service engine light came on last week, brought it to Metro and it was one of the O2 sensors gone bad.

13. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Glad you got it taken care of Will.