Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Scratches/Scuffs

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by brown_fv, Jun 19, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

well my sister took my FX to her storage today because i took her car to get serviced. i came home and saw somewhat deep scratches and scuffs on the bumper where the hatch is. her response was "oh that sucks". at this point i wished i had a brother so i could punch him in the face.

anyways when i glide my fingers over the scratches i can feel depth. if they have gotten into the clear coat and not through them could i still use products like scratchx and that nu finish doctor stuff? if it is completly through the clear coat will it require paint/collision work or can i still use the scratchx stuff?

i told my mom about it because theres no way in hell i am going to pay out of my own pocket to fix this and her response was "why do we even have a trunk then". once again at this point i wish i was talking to somebody where some physical force could be applied.

thanks.

btw, i apologize if im being an asshole my day has just been a complete wreck.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

We use Menzerna IP and FPII with a UDM (like a porter cable but better), after a wash/claybar/wash.
    My friend did this process on his wife's altima (from our chicagoZ forum)

a section of the hood was taped off to show differences.
    View attachment 117590

Now the trunk. The swirls and oxidation were out of control. The car has been covered in salt forever it seems. We had no idea it was this bad. also keep in mind the car was washed twice and clayed and this is what it looked like.

trunk before
    View attachment 117593
    trunk after
    View attachment 117596

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  3. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

That stuff looks like it works really well.

Where do you get it from?

4. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

IMO that was a very nice correction. I often find Menzerna to be quite costly...the last stuff i picked up was some Optimum hyper compound and Optimum poli-seal. it did a great job, although i havent detailed the car since then (probably 5 months) and havent even washed my FX since november so im due for another detail soon.

5. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

items used:

Dawn dish soap
    Claybar (mothers/zaino either one)
    Zaino car wash soap

UDM polisher tool
    Menzerna IP (w/mild cutting pad)
    Menzerna FPII (w/polish pad)

Zaino Z5 w/zfx
    Zaino Z6 spray