Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

satellite radio help??

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by asherchy, Feb 14, 2008.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

im thinking about getting sat radio... i believe its in my car allready(??) if so... what do i do to activate it? is it xm or sirius?
    edit.. ok.. its xm and i dont have a sharkfin on my roof so does this mean i dont have the hook up... how much would this run me total. not including the monthly fee

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    what happens when you push the sat button?

Was your fx purchased used? You might have a stealth antenna under the rear spoiler...

3. OP
    OP
    asherchy

it says... "no sat" im guessing this means i have none of the hardware?? it was purchased used...
    what do i need to make this work using just the sat button (factory) and rough price...
    thank youz
    ps. like the new quick post

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  5. OP
    OP
    asherchy

thank you...
    i love this site

6. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  7. op55

op55 Member

if your fx is from canada then the sat radio will not have the harness installed.. the dealership quoted me about 12-1500 bucks for it . and its XM .
    i just bought an aftermarket one and purchased a PAC harness that plugs into the SAT connector in the back of the head unit, turns the 12 pin connector into a RCA cables . so when you pusht he SAT button itll go to SAT - 001 and its like an AUX button. the PAC is about 80 bucks on ebay

8. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    It's not necessarily XM, mine came with Sirius.

This is a funny post dug up from the grave. Ash... lol what a sweet little innocent newb here :rofl:

I believe I have the antenna for Sirius sitting in a box somewhere (subscription ended, I didn't renew, so I removed the antenna).