Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Sagging Rear End...the FX I mean.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by RideOrDie, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hey suspy experts...why is it that my rear looks like it's already been lowered? I keep looking at my car and it seems like it. I'm going old skool on how to measure how low your car is, and I can only fit 2 fingers between the rear tire and the fender...front is around 3.5.

Is this normal?

I've just been looking at pictures of other member's rides that have been lowered on a similar tire setup, and they look very similar, as far as the rear is concerned.

I do tow with my FX, maybe a total of 2000 miles, pulling 1500 lbs. Could this have sagged my suspension?

Any opinions/suggestions. Maybe I'm trippin.

View attachment 121650

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I don't think you're trippin. In the factory service manual the specs do show differences in front and rear height (wheel well arch), springs even oem ones can sag and or settle with loading. Towing can probably add to this. Below is from the 2005 manual.

fx_wheel_height.jpg

Attached Files:

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    As rookie said, looks normal. If you want it even, you'd have to cut the fronts a bit. Some have done it with their already lowered springs, but I think you'll sacrifice the ride. The designers wanted the FX to look as if it was getting ready to pounce on something . . I know . . pretty stupid :confused:

If you lower it with some aftermarket, it wont be as noticeable