Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

RotorPros

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Psiclne, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I have the rotorpros dimpled rotors with the aero noise. The aero noise is common on any dimpled rotor, so I would suggest fully drilled or slotted but not dimpled if you don't like aero noises. The sound is heard the most when you pass by a wall or divider.... they work good though.

3. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

What pads are you using? Do you recommend getting the pads from them or something else?

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I have ebc green stuffs but might try stock pads, the ebc's squeal like crazy.

5. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

6. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I use Akebono. No sound, no need to warm up. In terms of stopping distance, no noticeable difference than OEM pads. For my use, they are perfect.

7. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Ok I got an email back from Rich & heres the offer:

All 4 rotors shipped w/ POSI QUIET Pads for $295.
    Add $25 for custom color hubs.

Any reviews on the POSI QUIET pads?

8. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hey Chedman -
    Did you end up buying the rotors from rotorpros? How do you like them? I just read on the Org that you're asking about them also (back in March).

9. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

See if you can get a better deal if you tell him that you are willing to buy 2 sets....

Let me know...(Black Please)

10. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Ok I sent him an email to see if we can get a bigger discount.

11. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I may be interested in a set of rotors only (pads have a LOT of life left)

What exactly is the custom colored hubs? Is it anodized? Is it the center part that actually contacts the rim?

May be interested in either red or black...

12. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Yeah its the part that the rim attaches to. Heres an example (hope he doesnt mind me jacking his pics)

[​IMG]

His website doesnt really say what materials is used for the paint:

Rotorpros only uses "PREMIUM" quality rotors. Other sellers only offer cheap "ECONOMY" rotors that crack and warp. You can rest assured you will not have any cracking or warping issues with our rotors. We also offer a variety of different patterns to meet your specific performance needs. Our rotors also come in "SLOTTED ONLY", "DIMPLED and SLOTTED", and "DRILLED ONLY". We also offer rotors with various plating choices. You can choose from "ZINC PLATED" which is free of charge and adds great looks or you have your choice of "BLACK" or "GOLD" plating for an extra minimal charge.
    Rotorpros set the trend when it comes to "CUSTOMIZED" rotors. We were the first around to offer a variety of "HIGH TEMPERATURE" rated colors. Each rotor is treated with the best materials available and coated with urethane clear. This option will really make your car, truck or van stand out like no other on the road.

www.rotorpros.com

I'm still waiting for a response for a GB price.

13. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

14. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Installed

I just got my Rotors installed along with the Stop Tech SS lines. I also had LMS flush out the fluid & replace it with the Blue Stuff. Heres some pics (please excuse the dirty rims):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In some of the pics you can see the Black hubs - and the SS lines. I havent had a chance to drive it around too much since LMS is only 10 mins from my house, but I'll give a review after the weekend.

15. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks good Will. Let us know how you like them after driving it a bit.

Btw, how are you liking the prada's so far?

16. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Pradas are good - so far. I have no complaints on them. Lets see how they handle this weekend in the Rain, since SoCal is supposed to be hit with some much needed rain.;)

As for the Rotors - they work, its not a BBK. But they do the job and looks nice with the Drilled and Slotted.

17. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey Will they look good, now I have to bite the move with the drilled and slotted, how are they are whats the total cost. I painted my calipers a while back and I want to up grade the rotors so fill me in as much as you can.

Dee

18. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hey Dee -

Heres all the details in this thread:
    InfinitiScene.com

So far Im pretty happy with them. They look good and they do the job.
    Since Friday - I havent heard a squeak of any sort. The judder is gone.
    I'm happy with this product so far.

19. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Thanks Will, are you making the trek up with the rest of the fellas? if so I'll see you there if all is well on my end too. thx again

20. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    PAINT YOUR CALIPPERS...:biggrin:

The rotors look good and sporty...

Great Choice...