Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Rotating shift work

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frankiago, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I haven't done rotating shift work since early-mid 2005, but I'm back at it again as of about 2 weeks ago.

The shift that just ended an hour ago is what we call "Mids," aka the Devil. I get to work at about 9:15 pm and leave anywhere between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. 7 days of that and I get about 47 hours off before showing up to work for "Days" on Saturday. The other shift, "Swings," is my favorite though and would elect to work lock shift Swings if possible, from 11:30 am until 9:30-10:00 pm.

The point of all this is that around 4-5am every single day I've been on Mids, I feel like pure crap. When I get home all I want to do is sleep, eat, and play video games until I have to be back in Hell. Now that it's over I feel like I can go about my days living again :shame:

Anybody ever been on shift work?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. I worked rotating shifts in the power generation for almost 20 years. 8 hour shifts. 7 graveyards > 4 days off (called long change) / 6 days > 1 1/2 days off / 7 swings > 2 days off (actually 1 1/2 days if you wanted a little sleep before starting graveyards at 11:00 pm on the second day)

It sucked to say the least. You're off when everyone else is working. The only weekend you had off was the long change and you're still trying to change from daytime to night sleeping. As I got older it took almost all 4 long change days to turn that around. The newer way in power generation is basically 12 hour shifts 4 on - 4 off which is much easier if you have to do rotating shiftwork.