Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Rim Size

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by sgvxcheese, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    what size are your rims?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Who's rims? :confused:

3. OP
    OP
    sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    everybody who has aftermarket rims:confused:

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    There are alot of variations of aftermarket rim sizes from 8-10.5's that will work on the FX, but have to take into consideration the offsett and what tire size you will be using.

Oops...forgot about the actual wheel diameter :LOL:. Well this can range from 18's to 24's depending on your preference. And like Ken said below, members usually have their aftermarket wheel sizes in the signature.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

most of us have the brand/size on our sig.

but anyway, I went with 20s , because my last car had very big wheels and very low profile tires and avoiding potholes and cursing like a sailor after everytime I go over a deep hole just got old. Plus, as if 20" tires aren't expensive enough, I can't imagine how much 22"s will cost down the road. BUT, with that said. I do envy the guys with 22"s at times

6. OP
    OP
    sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    hmm yeah 20"s seem reasonable, i would love to get 22's but im working on a budget. Im also thinking of installing H&R springs. wat does offset meaN?

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Offset = distance from the mounting point to the center of the wheel.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

8. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

a word of advice... if you're gonna go with 20's stay away from wheels with a deep lip, maybe something flush... IMO, the lip makes it look smaller... My stock 20's actually look bigger than what I have now...

9. Is there a place on this site that you have photo albums of your cars with larger pics? I too am looking for rims for my new FX35, so I was hoping for larger pics of your cars.

Thanks!

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    There is a wheels thread that we have and it should be updated soon. There is not a photo album that has all the members rides on one single thread, but I think members you wish to show their mods on their FX's have their own personal threads in the corresponding FX35 or FX45 sections.

11. Hi, don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I can't find that area you mentioned that is FX35 or FX45 specific. Is it a sub heading somewhere.

And by the way, your iforged wheels look great, but very expensive, huh?

Thanks

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry, what I meant was to look in the wheels section and there should be 35's and 45's from different members who have started their own threads to show their wheels and mods. Such as;

Psiclne's FX35 W/O Shines - InfinitiScene.com
    Finally got some shoes!!! - InfinitiScene.com
    Iforged Classic 2 - 22x10 - InfinitiScene.com
    HRE 648R V.1 and V.2 - InfinitiScene.com

or just look in the updated wheels gallery :biggrin:, thanks to rookie.

Aftermarket Wheels Gallery - InfinitiScene.com

And thanks for the compliment on my wheels. And yes they did cost quite a few pennies, but money well spent in my opinion. I have gone thru 3 sets of aftermarket wheels on my FX.