Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Rim help...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by fourfifth, Jul 21, 2007.

1. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I tell you, I'm really lovin this site. The info I get makes me appreciate my FX more and more. I've been fighting on whether I should get the 20" or 22" wheels. I see most of you are from Cali so size doesn't matter as much it does on the east coast (Boston, MA). I'm leaning more towards 20" deep dish (good lipage) and I think you guys can help me more then internet searching and flipping through 300 pages at the Rim shop which I still might do today. :biggrin:

I'm not a chrome man, but I love that mean sport look. And yeah I'm dropping it too. Any ideas?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Special FX

Special FX Member

If your going with a 20" deep dish the wheels are going to look smaller then they are. I would suggest 22" if you want a nice deep dish.

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

werd, I went with 20's and they are kinda deep... I hate to say this but they kinda look smaller than the stock 20's, luckily by lowering the car, it made up for it.

4. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    And I know this too cause I laugh when I see a F150/Navi etc with dubs that look like 18". I was hoping the design of the FX wouln't do that. We have some bad roads cause of salt from the snow which is why I was juggling the idea...

5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I don't know if our roads are any better, I think it's all relative to the area... but sometimes I regret not buying 22's, sometimes I'm glad I didn't... cuz my last car had 19's with 235/35/19 tires... I'd freak out everytime I come upon a pot hole... I sure don't miss those days...

6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Hey bud, I spoke to Randy and he is working on your lights this weekend. Welcome to the scene. :)

7. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

For wheels to look big the face needs to look as big as possible.On wheels with lip, the center will generally lose about 1/2" all the way around, which adds to the smaller look. Black doesn't help this either. :eek:

305/35-22 Pirelli tires are surprisingly smooth. I would keep 22's in consideration unless you need to have an all season tire, or if you're on a tight budget that may limit the tires you can choose from.

8. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

no kidding...

but it's all good... those wheels weren't that expensive, I can easily unload them for I believe it's a perfect fit for Mustangs... and it's kinda got a muscle car look to it... I'll most likely go with some kind of multi-spoke wheels next

9. I have a 20" deep dish style rims and they looked fine on a lowered FX. People will even say that it looks bigger than it is.