Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] rides needed for Fast and Furious 4! haha. =P

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bcheng4jc, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bcheng4jc

bcheng4jc Member

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

3. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    seriously, that would be so cool, I could see them definatley wanting something like rookie's fx, probably worth a shot if you wanted too, just gotta hope they don't hurt it to much, but I think they pay good even if they do... that's fame on a whole different level... I think I'd try for it if I was you :)

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I got about 7 emails and texts about the casting call. :eek: I suckered into uploading pics to the carsponsor site thingy, when it started to ask for CC info I was like uh no thanks. I guess the pictures uploaded anyways without the CC info.

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Why the heck would they need CC info!?!?

But I hope you can get in film Viet, it would be fantastic exposure for the FX!

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    doesnt sound like a high paying part :confused:

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Umm...I don't think it will pay anything.

8. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ya, it will only cost you . . what a scam

9. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I think they do make some kind of a token contribution or allowance to you, but it's definitely not a money making thing (having your ride in a movie that is)

it's true that sometimes a car can get damaged in the process, but from the few I know that did it, they do overcompensate for any damages incurred. in the end it's more for the fame & notoriety of the car itself than the money though..., automatically add at least 20% to the value of your ride & also have it be internationally known by many many thousands who would have never been exposed to your ride any other way.

10. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

i was about to say the same thing as turbocad. I'd hate to see the fx damaged, but man, that'll be some exposure if it's what you're aiming for Viet.

11. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Maybe one of the actors will use your fx in the movie.. L.A. Drift?

Who will be the actors in this one though....? Gary Coleman? :eek:

12. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I would like to see a continuation of the direction where Tokyo Drift left off at the end with Vin Diesel. And at the same time introduce Paul Walker back into the mix.

14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Viet's FX would be the type of ride one of the mob bosses drive. just mad pimped out and so sick it doesnt have to prove itself in a race. then when its time to race he would bust out an S15 or something...or a widebody G haha

15. rookie

Last I read Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are returning in this sequel. Something about both of them teaming up to get a common bad guy.

16. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Can't wait to see this one, I love this series. My favorite is the second one, 2 Fast 2 Furious. And if one of our members ride is selected, we'll have to have a get together in every city to watch the movie release :).

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I think the last was the best - Tokyo Drift. It was the most realistic one of the series. I used to be in the street race scene when I was younger and the way they made it out to be was nothing like how it really is.

Plus the cars that they used - who would fix up the cars like the ones they had in the movies??? Horrible paint schemes - flames coming out of the exhuast? It was toooooooo "Hollywood" for me

18. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

on average background makes about 65$ a day. unless your car is heavily featured, thats what youd get (to my limited knowledge on background) youll be stuck on set for insane hours and spend most of it sitting in your car by yourself. they will feed you all day but extras get the shaft for snacks... apples and muffin type stuff. BUT if your car is featured, its a whole different game... upwards of 5-6 grand and maybe theyll let you talk and then its a big payday. not bad for a days work. rookies got a good chance especially with the recent magazine article. the money you have to pay up front is to get you in the extras casting system without which they wont let you on set. and yes if they eff your car up.... they pay way more than itll cost to fix, get you a loaner and pay you for your downtime. its totally true that if any other business was run like hollywood, they would be bankrupt their first year.

19. rookie

Tokyo Drift was kinda cool, had an underground feel to it at times which felt less Hollywood'd up.

20. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Go for it Viet, your ride is what the movie could use a sleeper vehicle, slick to see but something most could relate to. And it would be good to see something like the FX instead of something most could only dream about with other exotics.