Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Remote start?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by gchristopher9, Nov 2, 2007.

1. So i'm driving on the highway today, when someone cut me off and i had to slam on the brake. upon rocking back after stopping, i hear something banging around inside the dash under the stearing wheel. get to work, have a look see, and find all kinds of fuses, splices, and cut factory wiring ties. couldn't see much so i investigated when i got home from work, and find this.

DSC02596.jpg
    DSC02598.jpg

those two little plugs have a spot on the module there, but aren't plugged in. the car wasn't sold with a remote start so i dont have any remotes. there is also a little red button in there as well. i was going to make an appointment to have a remote start put in next week, now i'm unclear as to what the hell i should do. any suggestions?

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  3. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

I'm heading up to an installer that deals a lot with crimestopper to see if he can get my current setup running. if not I'm going to schedule an appointemt to have him put one in. I'm not so much concerned with having a crazy alarm system. my car is parked right outside my window off the street at night, and in a secure garage at work. If i lived in Cali, i probably wouldn't need the remote start, and could put more into the alarm, but its going to start getting damn cold up here in Boston, and a remote start is an absolute must. I'll let you guys know how i make out.

4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Would a remote start still work with the intelligent key?

5. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I think it does but you would lose the valet key because they have to keep it in the car somewhere. I not an alarm expert, but I thought I read that somewhere.