Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Remember that new grill idea?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by rookie, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

mesh_grille_1.jpg
    mesh_grille_2.jpg
    mesh_grille_3.jpg
    mesh_grille_4.jpg

They just finished up the mock up. It's painted DG, I forgot to take some pictures. Had to make the frame bigger than the G35s though. Waiting on some mesh, will take some pictures tomorrow. :)

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Been waiting...=)

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

ohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh damn just spent all my xmas money!;)

4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

cant wait to see this!

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I remember

6. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    hmmm interesting...

7. OP
    OP
    rookie

I'll snag some pictures tomorrow. It's a cross between the Pro-drive and the Gialla grille. Hopefully it looks nice on the FX. Mine is in the shop as usual, but I'll see how it looks on there. I'll probably hate it just setting it on there since I'm used to a black grille. :D

8. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Post a pic of it on, then I'll PS it in black ;)

9. Frankiago

IL
    I don't think it'd look good with a black frame... I think body-matched paint on that rim would be the only thing to work with that, but I could be wrong.

10. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    wow, this is very similar to what I had in mind to build my grille. I was inspirded by the pro drive, but I think that's a little overdone. the 06 up style grille has the upper & lower bars at the very top & bottom like that, my thoughts were to gut the whole center & build up the sides to match the top & bottom with an end result similar to that, haven't made a final decission as to what I would fill the center with yet though, either mesh or speed grille or ???... I'm also considering having the upper top bar dip down in the center to house the emblem, kinda hard to discribe, but similar to the way honda & toyotas & mazdas do, I would follow the slope of the headlights..

I think that grille would look hot with the outer housing in body color & the center black, the whole thing blacked out I don't think would look as good. might look good with or without the emblem, but I kinda like the emblem. are these going to be available for sale?

11. should look nice...sweet. But don't think it can top caskyline grill though :)

12. OP
    OP
    rookie

Some pics, still no mesh. I think the frame cane be a little bit thinner. And the recessed part should curve with the frame like this.
    mesh_grille_2.jpg

new_grille_01.jpg
    new_grille_02.jpg
    new_grille_03.jpg
    new_grille_04.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Frankiago

IL
    I like it

14. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I thought the front part of the grill was supposed to be flush with the bumper, no?
    And I agree the recessed part of the grill should curve with the front bumper body contour.

15. Frankiago

IL
    mmm yeah I can see how that would look alot better... but that would mean it would have to be a tad bit taller and then angled on a slant sorta... with the bottom sticking out further.

16. OP
    OP
    rookie

I suppose it could come out flush, but I wouldn't want to take away the beveled edge design of the oem bumper which is what would happen. It would just be a huge flat surface.

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    wow, that looks nice & looks like it could be hand finished to perfect. I would curve the inner upper & lower edges & follow the outer contour too. a little work & that could be beautiful, I really like it:)

18. OP
    OP
    rookie

It started out as a pro-drive grille that was offered on the org a while back. I asked my shop to work on it when they had some free time. Little adjustments here and there and it could work. Mesh and being able to see it from a little further back to take it all in would be helpful. Will run it on there for a few days when I get my FX back to figure out what adjustments to make.

19. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Looks really nice man...im definatly feeling it since the painted part is a lot thinner than the prodrive grille...

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    It looks good, but that's how I pictured when we talked about the grill awhile back. Still looks good but I think the mouth is still a bit too big. Curves of the opening of the mouth flow nicely though with the rest of the FX.