Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Rear Tint Bubbling

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by XDEEDUBBX, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Just bought the car on Sat, its an 07, detailed it yesterday and noticed a few things:

Rear hatch glass has micro bubbles on the tint. I tried scrubbing it clean, but no go, I think it's the tint. I'll call my dealer today to schedule a technician to look at it, Anyone have or seen this issue before?

2 small cracks on the rear passenger side tailight. This better be covered under warranty as well. Notified the dealership yesterday just so they wont think I did. I'll put some pics of it up after work.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Hey buddy. I think you need to post this on the FX section.

Good Luck in getting it fixed

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Thanks Bert . . Moved by me

4. OP
    OP
    XDEEDUBBX

XDEEDUBBX Member

thanks guys, so has anyone had this problem before?

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

sounds like the dealership hasn't been taking care of their vehicles on the lot.
    they should fix it for free...

6. OP
    OP
    XDEEDUBBX

XDEEDUBBX Member

they better dam do so..so i'm guessing there is no TSB for this or this is not a common problem.

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Affirmative, not a common, . . at least on '07's and prior.

8. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I don't even understand your problem lol... the tints are factory tinted glass, not a film. I can understand bubbles in film tint, but in the glass itself??? Weird...

As for the tail-lights, you definitely get new tails courtesy of Infiniti.

If they replace JUST your back glass, you might have some problems down the road, maybe issues with leaks a year, maybe two years from now. You could also have a perfect replacement with no problems, it could go either way. And such, they'll do what they see fit to fix your problem (again, courtesy of Infiniti).

9. OP
    OP
    XDEEDUBBX

XDEEDUBBX Member

i'll put some pics of it tonight, im baffled too..

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1

I dont understand how it would bubble?? Or did the dealer put film over the tinted glass? Pics please :confused:

11. OP
    OP
    XDEEDUBBX

XDEEDUBBX Member

ok i lagged and forgot to take pics of it. Dealership has the car right now and looked at it. They are replacing the rear hatch and rear windows. I guess it was very noticeable to them too. Along with that replaced my nav screen which had a scratch on it, some scratched fender trim, and a rear cracked taillamp. This was all covered under warranty btw. Infiniti customer service is great, other than the loaner nissan altima they gave us but its cool though,. they will reimburse the gas as well. +1 for infiniti!

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Good you got it all worked out there. Now I see why you will be without the FX tomorrow :wub:.

13. OP
    OP
    XDEEDUBBX

XDEEDUBBX Member

i know man, kinda sucks, i wanted to represent with you guys.,.hahaha its cool though. I still want to see your mods though!