Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

rear bumper plastic trim

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by Guest, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

heres a picture...dont ask what happend [​IMG] need to know if i can buy just the plastic trim or will the whole bumper need to be replaced

stuff025.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

eewwwww...that looks bad. I would think the top bumper could be redone by a body shop but the lower plastic piece is the problem. If those two pieces are not seperateable then I would think you would need a whole new bumper.

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

That does look bad... if you don't replace the bumper look at having it all painted to match. There are a few FX's that have the trim painted. Just another option, the cost may vary. but something else to think about

4. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

The pieces do not separate, new bumpers come in the lower finish and the upper portion just gets prepped for paint. Upper is repairable as is the lower but the finish wouldn't be exact to the rest of the black trim.

5. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: rear bumper plastic trim (Krayzie)

oh man that does look bad....the painted part of the bumper i assume would not be that difficult to fix, but its the bottom plastic part i think is the problem.

i dont think there is a fix for it, unless maybe they put some filler and paint the whole bottom part of the bumper for you...then you might as well paint the bottoms all around View attachment 117058

6. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: rear bumper plastic trim (brown_fv)

Did you get it fixed?

7. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: rear bumper plastic trim (rookie)

i just checked the thread now, didnt think there were any posts...the light bulb didnt turn on View attachment 117061 haha. it hasnt been fixed yet, but i got some Mothers back to black and about 2 feet from the bumper it is hardly noticable...temporary fix for now i guess View attachment 117064

8. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

It almost looks like it could be wet sanded with 600+ to get some of it out. A body shop's recommendation could be useful if you're getting the paint part fixed.

9. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: (rookie)

rookie...you talking about the plastic or paint part? the scratches went right through the paint.

10. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Talking about wet sanding the plastic so it is smoother, the gouge in the paint should be repairable and repaintable. Just thinking of what it would take to get it close to the way it was without replacing the bumper.

11. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: (rookie)

good idea rookie, ill look into it

12. i saw one with chrome before and a shinier glossier appearance, where can i order these?

13. 2010fx35

2010fx35 Member

Oregon
    2010 Fx35
    mine got dented in.....is there any good way to fix it? Heat gun, molding? somthing?

14. ocal21

ocal21 iS VIP iS VIP

Boston, MA
    2012 FX35
    Oscar
    Garages:
    Wonder if this ever ot fixed

15. bump