Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Raced a Rabbit...and won

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jbaker1121, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    hey guys,
    just wanted to add to the "racing" stories on the scene.
    so i pull up next to a '08 VW rabbit (the sport one), all tricked out.
    i usually accelerate quickly, so i steppe don it and rocketed (kindof)....so he decided to speed up and ride next to me. at the next light, he rocketeed forward...and i just casually went by (there was a right-turner in front of me)

so at the third light, IT WAS ON
    i slip it into tip-tronic, and wait for the green.....(i can see the other light from the side so i knew when to expect it)

he was revving his engine.blasting REGGAETON

turns GREEN, we both slam the pedal, but surprisingly, i pull ahead early...right after a second or 2....and beat him to the next light.............(got uo to about 65 in a 45)

maybe he couldnt shift right....or he just sucks at driving?......he took it easy? i don't know....but whatever the reason...........I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah...just thought i'de share.

the other day i got spanked by a grandma in a minivan though....jk ;)

tell me what you htink!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

the Rabbits 0-60 is like 8 seconds or more i think, which is slower than a stock FX...nice kill regardless

3. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

haha nice story, i never get people wanting to race me but im not looking for races either but when im in my civic i get them left right and center

4. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    We don't condone street racing on this forum

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Anyone can post their race experiences and discussions thereof here on this forum and no one will spank you or lecture you. But this forum does NOT condone any type of illegal street racing.We are all adults here and you should already know the laws of your city and state on this issue.

6. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

We might have a track event coming up in a month or so in Englishtown, bring your FX to the track J...so I won't be the only one :LOL:.

7. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Keep it legal guys...

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hahaha thats funny coming for you Bert......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

I know.. Remember the Yellow S4 :wub:

Smooked him:4tongue:

But Keep it legal guys..

But, it seems that now you will be able take one on brother..:cool:

10. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    haha. mine is stock except for an intake, STB, CNR pulley. i don't think i'll beposting any records:err: haha

maybe afteri get the plenum installed an such i'll consider it :LOL:

when is it?

11. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    it wasnt really illegal street racing.....it was more like me trying to get in front of him to pass a car in front of me before he got there but he didnt watn me to get there so we both went fast, officer.....:LOL:

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No need to think about breaking any records. But seeing how well your FX does bone stock at the track before any siginifcant mods will give you a great idea of how well your FX has improved after the mods. Also, dyno numbers are fine but there is no denying real world track results.

13. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    true. does anybody know when the NY track meet is? is there an age requirement? haha

14. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

It's actually in NJ .. as far as I know, there is no age requirement and you don't even have to have a license to race on a track.

15. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

sweet haha. when is it and where exactly? i might come :)

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I agree 100% - people should go even if they are stock. Just to get some numbers on how stock is and that way when you start modding you can see if the mods made any difference, plus its always good to practice you're reaction time with the lights.

17. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

what better practice than the streets? haha just kidding.
    i might actually go. i'm not sure though (need a date and time)
    hopefully i don't embarrass myself too badly......

do the stockers go at the end, like in peewee football where the horrible players have a fake-game/scrimmage after the game just so they can play? haha

18. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    your going to run with your class, weather time trials or brackets, depends what else is going on that day, sundays with events going on you could have several hours waits between runs at times, wendsday nights & friday nights at etown used to be great. if I get my supercharger all buttoned up I'll hit the track again maybe, got a lot of friends who do track rentals too, those are the best! not so much englishtown, there too big for 20 guys or so to rent, but attco definatley, or even li dragway (if there even still there) I'd definatley be slow guy there though. what, can't touch 14's? aaah, going to the track brings the itch back, not fast enough though......

to win brackets you don't need to be fast you need to be consistant, the neons & stuff beat the corvettes & mustangs all the time... I hated loosing to a neon:p

used to be a lot of fun:biggrin:

19. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    yeah well i'm lose anyways haha.

maybe ill go :wub:

20. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    2 new stories--
    (p.s. i think you guys are right about rookie's feature in TURBO putting the fx on the map---recently i've had people pull up and try to race, rev thier engine, ask me to rev, etc etc.....(damn ricers!) anyways..)

this happened today--i bet the guy was SUPER embarassed.
    some guy pulls up next to me in a new 3-series coupe with the emblems taken off--AKA it could be either the 325,335,xi,i, etc....
    so he pulls up next to me, looks over (meanwhile i'm just cruising at like 30mph), and i guess downshifts and semi-slips out because it was wet out, and liek revs up to about 50mph and cuts in fornt of me.
    so i get next to him at the next red light and jsut look over for a second...he gives me the "rock hand" symbol and revs his engine.....and i just shook my head....so he peels/slips out again cuz its wet out, and i just moderately accelerate (btw he is with some buddies in his car, 3 of them all together). at the next light,he gives the "follow me: wave and i follow him onto the parkway (saw mill pkwy if you know the area).
    basically, you need to turn left then make a flat right to get on---he decides to floor it, ends up slipping up and doing around a 250 degree spin, and i hear them saying "oh shit oh shit"
    so i just slowly drive next to them (there was no traffic cuz it was lunch-time) and just floor it! (haha leaviung them in the dust) i ge tto about 80 and slow down cuz its wet out (aorund this part of it i do around 80-90 cuz theres no place for cops to hide)
    abotu 5 min later, he catches up with me and decides to cut me off, so i say f*ck it, i downshit (LOL tiptronic) and actually speed in front of him, and guess what...i see him slip up again..... then it was my exti and he gave me 3 honks to say "nice cruising...."

story 2:
    i deliver pizzas some nights (gotta make money haha)
    my friend has a 2007 civic Si coupe, and he thinks its fast as hell, and he always makes fun of my car, etc. my other firend has a riced up '02 neon with a fart can and such, so he dicks around and revs it to bother ppl and such. so what do you think the 3 stupids did? LAPS AORUND TOWN!!!!
    we took 287 to the saw mill, then drove thur town, and back onto 287 AKA highway driving! i, of course, went in front (i was in frotn the whole time anywys) cuz i had the dectector, the neon kid was kkinda righ tbehind me cuz i was waiting for him, the the civic kid would go past 70 cuz he claims "he doesnt want to get n trouble", meanwhile we're on a road where cop's cant hide, etc...then this '02 5 series starts riding with us--he had giant rims and everything, but he kicked it up to 115+ so i shook my head and waved b ye to him as he drove on---then we found a grup of ricers at a hess tation--where another friend works, and he went on the LOUDSPEAKER OF THE PUMPS AND SAID "RICERS ARE GAY", And we all ha d agood laught. one of the gas-staiton ricers started following us--a celica that was lime green, but i peaced him...
    .anyways, we cruised around, did some rolling starts at 35 mph, etc..

IT WAS A GOOD TIME.
    but yeah, thats how i spent my saturday night haha.

can't wait till dyno day!!!!!!!!!!!!