Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

R-1 Racing Hype or Axis Shine?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Guest, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hey guys, so im still deciding which rims i should get, i THINK i have narrowed it down i hope. both designs are similar but the offsets and dimensions are different.

btw, im not even sure if the r-1 would fit because of its offset...

which ones would you take?

R-1 Racing Hype:

size:20x8.5 bolt pattern:5x114.3 offset:25 hub bore:73.1

bg_hype_mb_1.jpg

size:20x9 bolt pattern:5x114 offset: im not sure but i think 40 or 35?

axis_shine_machined.jpg

Thanks! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I like the R1 wheel, looks to have a chrome lip which will be easier to maintain. The 25 offset gives you 21mm wider stance which is a good offset to run.

What tires?

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

The R-1 looks to be an exact copy of the axis. Both look good but I'm with rookie go with the chrome lip.

4. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

thanks, i was kinda leaning to the r-1's because i like the center cap.

rookie, i was planning to get 275/45-20 tires to go with the rims, would that size be okay with the r-1's since they are 20x8.5? also with the 25 offset and the tires, would i have any possible issues of rubbing since i plan to lower my fx at the same time i put the rims on.

thanks!

Modified by brown_fv at 4:20 PM 6/6/2007

5. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

6. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: (Krayzie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Krayzie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">28x8.5? View attachment 117381 ahahahaaha, you meant 20x8.5 right?</TD></TR></TABLE>
    LOL yeah my bad... View attachment 117384

7. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Looks like there are a lot of tires to choose from in that size. You should have no rubbing issues with that offset and that size tire. Tire bulge should be there almost like stock if you're going for that look.

8. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: (rookie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like there are a lot of tires to choose from in that size. You should have no rubbing issues with that offset and that size tire. Tire bulge should be there almost like stock if you're going for that look. </TD></TR></TABLE>
    what tire size would you recommend to reduce the tire bulge?

im running the stock 18 size right now 265/60-18 which has a substantial amount of tire bulge. on the stock 20's i believe its 265/50-20, so i though running 275/45-20 would reduce the amount of tire bulge. maybe if i go with the R-1's since they are 8.5 width going with 265/45-20 would be better...

9. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

No tires bulge like the oem 18s and 20s from what I've seen.

Downside of 265/45-20 is it's almost 1" shorter than stock so wheel gap increase 1/2" and your speedo will be off.

All season or summer tire?

10. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No tires bulge like the oem 18s and 20s from what I've seen.

Downside of 265/45-20 is it's almost 1" shorter than stock so wheel gap increase 1/2" and your speedo will be off.

All season or summer tire?</TD></TR></TABLE>
    hmm...having that 1/2" gap will turn me off because once its lowered i want to keep the gap between the wheels and fender minimal.

i plan to go with summer tires and i can keep my stock 18's and wrap them with winter tires when needed.

11. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Stick with 265/50-20 than. Plenty of good tires in that range and most will not bulge the way the oems do.

12. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rookie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stick with 265/50-20 than. Plenty of good tires in that range and most will not bulge the way the oems do. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good. for that size ive been looking at the following; toyo proxes s/t, hankook ventus st rh06, and falken ziex s/tz01.

13. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: R-1 Racing Hype or Axis Shine? (brown_fv)

I'm liking the R-1's also - something a lil different

14. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I like the R1 wheels as well. Although they both looks very similar, something about the R1's look better. Maybe it's the lighting in the photo, but I'd say R1.

15. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

just a little update. i am still contemplating between these two and its hard for me to decide.

ive been given a pretty good offer on finsfx's shines that were on his FX (he got a new car) and i think the price difference between the two rims will be a deciding factor for me.

i have yet to find a price of how much the r-1 hypes cost, i emailed the company but not heard back from them yet.

16. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hey brown

Any updates on this? Im curious to see what the R1's look like (assuming thats what you decided on).

17. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

ahh no updates yet. i was ready to pull the trigger on the R-1 if i could get the right tire size from a vendor, but i have serious doubts ill be keeping my FX, so i want to find out what im doing for sure car wise & if i keep the FX, the rims will definatly be coming.

18. Shine is nice wheel thought~