Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Quick question. Rev Up VQ in the FX35?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Z33_2_FX35, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Production of all the Nissan/Infiniti V6 cars between 03-05 were equipted with the standard VQ35DE. From my understanding the 05+ G35 coupes and 06 350Zs got the VQ35DE Rev Up motor unitl 07 with the HR. Was the Rev Up ever introducted into the FX line? I can't seem to find anything here or at .org to answer this question.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Rev ups were never mated to 5ATs in the G or Z world so same applies for the FXs. :shame:

3. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

Great that's what I needed to know. Now I don't have to worry about my oil levels :LOL: j/k.

4. rookie

lol, I think the main oil consumption issues in the FX world have been the VK45s, our VQ35s have been pretty good unless motors are being replaced and not reported.

5. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

Hmm, I've never worked on or had any contact with a VK before so I'll take your word for it. I really doubt the regular DEs are being replaced. They've been pretty much bullet proof across every Nissan/Infiniti line. Trannys however are a different story....:frown:

6. rookie

I think there have been 2-3 reported replacement 45 motors on the org. Denverinfiniti who works at Infiniti has stated a few times they have replaced a couple VK45s.