Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Question for TPS

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by daidaic, Aug 12, 2007.

1. daidaic

daidaic Member

If I installed TPS in the aftermarket wheels, when I switch the wheels between OEM to aftermarket, or aftermarket to OEM wheels, do I need to go back to the dealer and ask them to reprogram the car to read the different sensor everytime when I switch the wheels or??

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nope.

Within the last month I went from the Stocks - to the Axis Shines - to the Axis Mods. Not once did I have to get them reprogrammed.

3. +1 your sensors will send the same signals to your car regardless of which wheels they are mounted on. The only thing you would have to watch out for is make sure you mount them in the correct position when changing between wheels. If you decide to get a second set of TPS for the aftermarket wheels then you will have to get them reprogrammed.

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Both of the above answers are dead on. Pictures of new wheels?

5. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

Then you need to pay the fee for mounted and balanced for the tires between change the TPS from OEM to aftermarket each time right??

So if I want to get a second set of TPS for the aftermarket wheels, I only need to reprogrammed the second set of TPS once right?? Or everytime I swap from OEM to aftermarket or aftermarket to OEM, I need to go back to dealer and ask for reprogram for the car and TPS?? Sorry I didnt quite understand it :wub:

For the pics, I havent bought the wheels yet, I only the pic I made by photoshop :LOL::LOL:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

TPS are mated from the factory. The BCM/ECM is always looking for those sensors, if you get a second set of sensors they will need to be programmed to the BCM/ECM which will make the original set no longer mated unless they are programmed again. I'm sure it's limited to a set of 4 sensors.

7. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

looks like if I get second set of TPS, I need to pay the fee for reprogram EVERYTIME I swap the wheels, this is gay:frown::frown: then I think I wont buy a second set of TPS, I will just keep the old TPS in the OEM wheels as my winter set and save the second set of TPS' $$$$$$$. Thanks people :LOL:

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, don't worry about not having TPMS on your 2nd set of wheels as there will be no adverse effects from it. Just an occasional low tire pressure light on the dash.

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I took off of work early today - so I stopped by Metro Infiniti and talked to them about changing out the TPMS for me and getting it programmed. Turns out the machine they have there cant unmount the tire from my rims - something about how its 10inch wide and the lip too deep. So they told me to put my stocks back on - come in and have them reprogrammed - then i can mount them back on the Mods. Is there any other way to do this? And he told me that I cant just reprogram 1 TPMS - I gotta do all 4. Help.......

10. Isn't there a way for the owner to program the sensors? We can reset the tire rotation and oil mileage, why can't we re-set this in a simple manner??????????

11. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Because if it were that simple then the dealers would not be able to make money off you.

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Bump for some help

14. There won't be any adverse effects, but the dashboard light will blink for the first minute after starting the car and then stay on continously every time you atart the car.

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Thats more of a visual annoyance then any real adverse to the FX. I can live with that annoyance from time to time when I have on my nismo wheels.