Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

question for all spacer/wide wheel owners

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by JAB1, Sep 5, 2007.

1. JAB1

JAB1 Member

I posted this on the .org site as well. I want spacers, but want to get some feedback from other owners of spacer or wheels that stick out further than normal. I live in Maine and we have ALOT of sand on the roads for about 5 months a year due to snow. It never gets cleaned up till the end of the year so all roads be it city or highway are completely covered. My question is if any of you have had a problem with sand/debris kicking up and getting at the paint due to tires sticking out. I want 20 or 25 mm spacer, but dont want to ruin my paint. The sand on the roads here will be 10 fold what alot of you experience, I may just wait tll spring if this is a common problem/concern. I will keep my mud guards on. Thanks alot.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Maybe get some clear bra on the rear quarters to act as a stone guard.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That's what I was thinking. Us being from sunny socal have no experience in these situations, sorry. But when I did have my 15mm spacer I loved the handling and didn't notice all that much debris on the rear on my fx.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I broke caskyline's windshield with a kicked up rock.

5. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Really?!?!?! When and where did this happen?

6. rookie

10 minutes into our trip to Seattle. :frown:

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dam! So how and when did Randy get the window repaired in time for the show?

8. rookie

Got it fixed once we got back. Kinda sucked, I felt very bad. 335/25-22s be kickin up stuff.

9. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    one time a truck carrying rocks cut me off on the 210 freeway. my windshield was cracked 5 times. it looked like i got shot up. the cops pulled me over to see wat happened. it was not a pleasant experience:mad:

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    So he had to show with the broken windshield in Seattle? That must have sucked. Remind me to ALWAYS drive in front of you ;).

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

If your car can even get in front Doc.....remember hes got twin Snails under the hood! ;)

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :LOL: I just need a head start.

13. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    ;) True....

14. OP
    OP
    JAB1

JAB1 Member

Thanks guys, thats what im gonna do is the clear bra. spacers and safe paint, im stoked. btw that twin snails comment made me laugh, never heard that before.

15. OP
    OP
    JAB1

JAB1 Member

ok new ?. I was just looking online and noticed on one site that it said a kit includes 2 spacers, so a 20mm kit is 2, 10 mm spacers. I am assuming when you guys say you did 20mm, that it is 20mm per wheel, not 10mm per wheel to equal 20mm total. Just want to clear up what you all have done. I hadnt seen that on any other site, but is that the way all kits are, if I want to do 20mm per wheel, I need 2 40mm kits? Thanks

16. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    When you order a 20mm kit the kit will come with 2 20mm spacers. So if you want 20mm just order the 20mm kit. I have 20mm per wheel on my car.

17. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

What is your current wheel set up? if you get spacers that are too wide then your wheels+tires will stick out too much and your tires could rub against the fender

18. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Don't know if it was simply an issue I had with my lug nuts or what, but when I had 20mm all around, the front didn't have enough threading for the lug nuts to screw down.

When driving, the wheels would start coming a lil loose in 10 miles.

I took the spacers off the front, and I have some 15mm replacements waiting to go on.

I'll be running 15mm spacers up front and 20mm in the rear. Keep in mind I upgraded my lug STUDS to the Nismo studs, which are 20mm longer. They SHOULD fit the 20mm spacers, but for some reason I have a problem w/ the fronts and not the rears.

19. OP
    OP
    JAB1

JAB1 Member

Ok I think that one site was a scam, went to morepowerracing and they have them like you guys have stated, size is per wheel. I have talked to a couple people that say 25mm will work with a 275/45 tire on stock rim. Cube, what kind of spacer did you have? I am looking at the h&r drm 25mm, which would not replace stock studs/ or h&r drs 20mm, which you get new studs that need to be set into hubs to replace original. Getting the 25mm drm seems easier as it will not need setting new studs, these are what they have for the 25mm plus, so im assuming they are better/safer than the drs,but I hope my originals are long enough. Maybe I should get the nismo longer studs just to be sure?

20. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    wats your opinion on spacers for stock 18 wheels NOT dropped. u guys think it will look a lil bitter? im thinking i wanna flush the rear and front wheels to the fender. i dont think itll rub tho? wat are your opinions?