Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

question about plastic cover under roof rails

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by MJW7800, Sep 16, 2007.

1. I just looked at a copper 03 fx45 that i may buy
    but it only had one prob

it had about 6 small dents,,or indentions underneth the roof rails 6 or so on one side,,and about 4 on the other

now there were no other dents on the car,,and im wondering how there can be dents on that plastic piece the rail sits on?

i was wondering maybe its something a warranty could cover,,the car is still under full warranty till april of next year

there were no others probs with it,,the headlights,and fuel hose were just replaced under warranty also

isnt there a taillight recall?
    maybe the guy didnt have the papers from it,,but hes kept it up very well,,all dealer serviced

just wondering about those roof rails since i plan to de rail it when i get it

well any info would be great

also i took some pics,,but havnt uploaded them yet to see if they turned out

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    It could be from an attempt to remove the roof rails or a re-installation of them.

And btw, welcome to the scene!

3. OP
    OP
    MJW7800

MJW7800 Member

THANKS
    and im hoping if i get it,,i can take it to the dealer and see what they say

i think infiniti parts has them painted for 100$ for each side
    how much are those caps to cover the spot when i take the rails off??
    also the guy who ownes the car is far from someone like you or i who mods cars,,lol

i just cant see how any hail ,or anything could get to the spot to dent it,,considering its right under the rail

we shall see i suppose
    thanks

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Could it perhaps be from not being careful when installing or removing the cross bars?

The caps should be fairly inexpensive, but I can't say for sure as I have never looked into this. Best bet would be to call the nearest infiniti parts dept and ask for the price. Good luck and hope to see you back.