Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Q: wedding reception etiquette

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Oct 8, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

okay, I gotta a quick question regarding wedding reception etiquettes... anyway, the scenario is, she's a coworker and a good friend... like a sister, if you will... It was her 2nd marriage... and his too, they are both a "older". In May, they got married, they did the courthouse thing... nothing fancy, probably a very private dinner with immediate family after... then they were off on their honeymoon... I got them a gift card to Macy's.

I guess they are now, having the official reception... and she just invited me... it's this Saturday.

Here's the question... do I have to get them something else? I hate showing up empty handed... but I already got them something...

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I would say no cuz you already got the gift, but that all depends on the Macy's card.
    How much was the card worth?

3. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I'd bring something just as a gesture, but nothing of value. Whether it's a card with just a message or a bottle of wine (my gift of choice in these scenarios is a moscato).

4. Well, is the reception considered a formal event? y dont u ask someone else that will be attending the reception. Most likely you do not need to get them anything else, or u can juss bring an empty box with a bit of weight in it, but write ur name on it... yea. hope that helps... lol :LOL:

5. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

It's not formal or anything. She said no jeans which is her subtle way of saying casual/dressy.

I think the bottle of wine sounds like a great idea... Plus, it just looks classier walking in holding a bottle with my Hugo Boss :biggrin:

thanks guys!

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

sounds like a great idea. have a good time.