Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

POLL: What about these wheels?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by gchristopher9, Nov 6, 2007.

What type of wheel should i go with?

1. Chrome ones in the picture?

11.8%
  2. Black wheels TBD later?

82.4%
  3. Color matched?

5.9%
  1. Alright opinion time. I already have these wheels, I'd just need to get some hub adapters. Originally i had planned on getting black wheels, because I think the contrast to the silver would look good. However I'd have to sell these wheels and then sink more cash into some new ones. I could also maybe go with a color matched wheel as well. What do you guys think?
    View attachment 132171

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

How much are adapters? If they aren't much, I say get some and put the chromies on and see if you like... if you're not feelin' them... then go to options 2 or 3. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of chrome wheels, but that PS'd photo actually looks really good! The word that got my attention in your post was "sink". If it's NOT in your budget right now to "sink" money into wheels... OR there are other things on your mods-to-do list... then do what's on that list next... Just my opinion.

As for black wheels go? I like black wheels... I have'em now and when I go 22's... I'll most likely go black again... but some say it's a fad, and it's getting played out... where as polished or color matched are a safe bet...it's subtle but can look sick with the right wheels (e.i. Dr.2k's wheels) It's like a 2 button single breasted suit... It'll never go out of style... just my 2 cents

3. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

the adapters are only 50 bucks. The reason i said sink, is because I'll be lucky to get 1000 bucks for these wheels that i paid 2K for, I'd take that thousand and have to put up another grand at least to get a set of black wheels, when I've got a perfectly good chrome set already. i only used sink because it would be an unnecessary purchase, having already owned some nice wheels. There are other mods i plan on doing, but they're not major, (Nuvi, radar detector, tint, grill). If i were to buy wheels it wouldn't be until the spring when I'll get my bonus from work

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I went ahead and voted choice #1... just because you have plenty of time to decide and it doesn't hurt to just pop the chromies on and see how they look... what do you have to lose? $50?

"...when I've got a perfectly good chrome set already. i only used sink because it would be an unnecessary purchase, having already owned some nice wheels..."

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    So you own the Stillen SC that I seen at the Stillen Open House last year in the summer..?

I am not that much of a fan of Chrome...But to each their own... Gil has a great looking DG with some 22's (Axis Ordens) that look good. Black face/Chrome Lip... you can't go wrong.

6. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

haha no i wish that was mine. that was just a photo that i put up to have my wheels photochopped onto

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I voted for black ones tbd -
    I'll see if I got a pic of BaBa's ride.....

Found one

100_1050.jpg

Have you looked into Axis? They're pretty nice looking and dont hurt the wallet too bad either. Just not too many choices in 22's.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2007
  8. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I Say black wheel with chrome lips, I saw the fellas this weekend (Will, Berto, and Doc) and they all had NICE wheels.

9. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I can't stand black w/ chrome lip nowadays. It's like the new chrome, played out.

The one that really caught my eye was the black rims w/ the red lip that matched his blacked out grill with red rim. With some red brake calipers that would look beautiful.

Or for something different and still sporty, you can swap red for yellow, or you MIGHT get away with blue.

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
    Thats Me, HumbertoCali, Rookie, Babaluwee,DeeCarp list goes on......
    Ok I guess your right Cube - hahaha

11. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    i disagree, i think the black on chrome for the FX is still fresh.

okay i know i been bugging for a while about rims and what not. i cant find anybody selling the stock 20's. so i was thinking if i should get the replicas on ebay, and make em black. watchu guys think? actually i noticed the stock 20's come in several different looks. can someone find some pics of the different stock rims for fx's?