Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Plans for Thanksgiving Holiday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.2K, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    So what's everyone up to for this Thanksgiving holiday and its long weekend?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I already had thanksgiving, but my mom is in New Jersey visiting some of her family and she will be celebrating American thanksgiving with them.

its been just me and my dad here since last saturday, mom will be back next wednesday i dunno if we will survive LOL. luckily my sister taught me how to cook before she moved out

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I was gonna ask if you guys were grubbing on Frozen dinners til your mom got back hahaha -

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Just celebrating it here with my wife, son, and mother-in-law. I put up our X-mas tree already....so it will be like an early x-mas, except without the presents:frown::LOL:

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    So it looks pretty quite for us family folks. Oops I forgot that Will and Farooq are still single :p.

But Will you didn't specify what your plans were..why you holding back on us?!? or you waiting for some last minute guns to show up too? :p:rofl:;)

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

my parents never really celebrated this holiday... it just didn't mean a whole to them back then... I remember we "tried" doing the whole Thanksgiving dinner thing... but it was just too much hassle... In our family, we like going out to celebrate... I guess it's a Chinese thing.

Growing up, one of my best friends was (and still is...) Parsian. His family didn't really celebrate Thanksgiving either... but when we were in 6th grade, his mom gave birth to his little brother... As his brother got older, in grade school... I guess they didn't want him to go back to school after the holidays and have nothing to talk about or share... so they started to celebrate Thanksgiving for his sake... and would invite me cuz I really didn't have anything going on anyway. Well, every year after that... they would invite some more people that, normally... didn't celebrate TG... basically, ALL their Parsian friends and relatives... Every year there after, it got bigger and bigger... I've been going to his/their house almost every year since then... and I'm usually the only non-Parsian :rofl: They always give me a hard time, and say I should be able to speak Farsi by now....

so, needless to say, I'll be going there again this year... but after the 5k/10k Turkey Trot we have here at Dana Point every year... After dinner, I'll hit home to my folks and hang with them til Friday...

7. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

ill be going to san francisco with my immediate family. sister goes to school in oakland and being the RA for her dorm, shes not allowed to leave so we all fly up there. my family moved here from england when i was 3 and its funny... my mom makes the biggest deal out of thanksgiving.

8. Usual dinner with the entire family that lives all over the west coast... ill prob hit the gym before hand... Just eat to taste and most likely go to a club or lounge wid other friends... not sure yet tho... Happy Thxgiving evewy BODAY! :LOL:

9. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    Boston market and a movie, i think ill take up allens offer for the club thing

10. WOO HOOO! :rofl:

11. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I'm working all week and weekend. :eek:

12. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    If you don't mind me asking - what do you do?

I'm getting Boston Market this year for the family=)

13. rookie

I'm an A/V and IT guy for a rich dude. I'm at the mercy of his travel plans and he loves LA.

14. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Nice! A very unique job; nice job landing that gig.

15. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    I only get Thanksgiving day off, then work Friday and Saturday. Then it is off to Auburn University to visit my girlfriend. The life of an Infiniti Parts guy isn't all that fun LOL

16. rookie

Yeah I think to myself sometimes what will I do or where will I work next. Managing and maintaining this estate is pretty overwhelming. Not sure what it would look like on a resume. How many billionaires need this kind of support. hahaha.

17. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    That sounds like a cool job! So you just fix his personal computers and stuff?

18. rookie

Kind of yes. But we have broadcast gear all over the place. Huge router that transports remote feeds to different areas of the property. The IT side is ginormous. We've had a DS3 connection for 8-9 years, when SBC came out last year to pull a direct fiber line into the house they were amazed a personal property was getting the kind of attention they were providing cause we can move up to an OC12 anytime we want.

19. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

LOL ive been single for quite some time now...i love the 'no strings attached' part of being single :LOL:. the only part i really miss is not having that one person for yourself :shame: oh well itll eventually happen!

20. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Holy crap!:eek: That is crazy! How did you land that, if you don't mind me asking.