Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Painting my lip black?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by imballin2day, Aug 2, 2007.

1. imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    I want to paint by lip black really soon, but someone told me that its not possible with one piece rims. Is that true. If not what is your opinion on doing this and if you know a good place to paint it. Thanks

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :confused: why would you want to paint you Lip Black?

If you do this the wheels are going to blend in with the tires and the pavement.

Just my opinion. But, to each their own.

Why don't you ask someone to photoshop what your car would look like if you change the lip black to your black face rims......

You might get an eye full.

Think about it.;):biggrin:

3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    post a pic of your car and maybe we can ps it for you. What about and anodized black lip or black chrome lip?

4. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    If you can see the look of an all black rim looks good, in my opinion if there is not lip..

For Example, Jeff... (Look at his Avitar)

Yet, I have seen this look pay off on some Chrome/smoked polished face with a black lip.

Just an oservation. If you decide to go with it, let us see the finished product.:biggrin:

5. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    I just dont like the look of my polished look that much. Im not gonna go for a dull black. Something nice. I will post a pic of my car later today and hopefully someone can help me.

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    If it's currently chrome then I say go with black chrome. I would say powdercoat it instead of painting but if your wheels are one piece then it probably wouldn't be possible. Then painting is the only other option, but the lip is a fragile place and paint will tend to crack very easily there due to road debris.

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

black chrome would look pretty nice IMO

8. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
  9. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  10. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Im trying to upload a pic of my car but it says it needs a url. How do I upload it directly from my desktop?

11. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    You will need a photohost, this helps us save bandwidth. www.photobucket.com is free and really useful.

12. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Is the camera still not focusing? Or is that the same pic from the Org?

14. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Same pic from the org. I'll try to get a better pic but I can't find my camera anywhere.

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I don't know what it is but it looks like you are in need of a new camera because from my recollection your other previous pictures from the org had the same focus issue. But as to the wheels, I think the polished lip accents your black FX very nicely with the chrome door handles, chrome lower body trim and the brush aluminum rails. I wouldn't change it if I were you, but that's just my opinion.

16. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

after seeing that picture i agree. lower it and put on some spacers are you are good to go. keep the lip polished

17. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    This is an old pic. I already lowered it with the Eibach pro kit. So Polished lip in everyones opinion would be better?

18. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Honestly do what you feel you would like, it is your car and the final decision is yours. I went crazy on my car...... but I like crazy.

19. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, in the end it is your car, but if the only difference now is that your FX is lowered and you still have all the chrome trim pieces then I think it looks great the way it is. But if you are going to mod it like Jeff and go CRAZY by dechroming and removing/painting the rails black then it might look better with a black chrome or black colored lip. But we won't know that until it comes to that point.

20. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    +1

In my case I have decided to stay with the Polished Lip detail.

I don't really want to make the car that Stealth....;)

The reason I have not completely blacked out the lip is because of what Doc has mentioned. The chrome Door Handles, Bottom Molding and I thought about getting the Aluminum rails, make the flow and aesthetic look of the car come together.

Chrome is your friend...

But whatever you decide.. We are here for you Brother... keep modding..:biggrin: