Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Osiris by Uprev

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by brown_fv, Mar 18, 2008.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I recently got into contact with Uprev regarding their rom loading tuning program called Osiris for our VQ engines. They told me it WILL work which is a great thing after Cobb told me their new AP for 350z and G35 WONT work for us.

check out their site http://uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

some facts in case you are too lazy to go to their site:

Multiple maps (you can change them on the fly!)
    Base maps + tunable maps (they work with you to make different maps for your reflash)

• Top Speed Limiter
    • Rev Limiter
    • Idle RPM
    • Target AFR
    • Ignition Timing
    • Electronic Throttle Control
    and it comes with the Cipher diagnostics software! (really cool stuff)

anyways this stuff allows you to flash your ecu whenever you want rather than just once since it comes with the software (ecu should take atleast 100 flashes before anything happens; thats a lot)

anways, finally i think i will probably end up going this route because i cant stand with the downtown with sending in my ecu to technosquare. the kind people at uprev said i can probably use some of their g35/350z maps although they cant gaurentee them, but they are also having an FX come in the next few weeks so they will have some FX specific maps as well. stay tuned....

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    veddy niiceee how mucchh?

$700;....my wallet is saying dont hurt me

3. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    what's the benifit of this vs. a piggyback unit that can be tuned & tweeked indefinatley?

4. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

i guess they are pretty similar...but you can do a lot of this work yourself.

this is similar to getting a reflash from TS, although here they are giving you everything you need to flash it yourself and change it accordingly if you get new mods. if you get a reflash from TS and send in your ECU and get it back then a few months later you get a few more mods and need another flash thats more downtime with sending in your ECU...here you can just download one of their maps and you are good to go.

i guess the main factor for me is not having to deal with the downtime. it will be fun to experiment with some of the 350z and g35 maps to see what works with what mod set ups.

check out the FAQs too maybe it can answer some questions you have http://uprev.com/text/Osiris_Loader_faq.html

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sounds interesting B, keep us updated.

6. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

That sounds really cool.

The three things that I would want would definately be

no rev limiter, no speed limit and no limit on throttle control so I wont have to worry about reseting the ECU every other week.
    I would be a bit worried that I'd screw something up but
    if this is easy enough for anyone with a lap top to use, it does sound interesting.
    Good fine B.

7. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    no, I've seen that a while ago & it looks cool, but then if I also look at something like an emanage ultimate, & I wonder why anyone would choose that osiris over it? is it easier & cheaper? I don't think it's that much cheaper, I'm just wondering if theres an advantage to that that I'm missing?

maybe that setup is much more user friendly & novice like where a piggyback unit needs a really experienced tuner to set up? from what I've seen I think it's not too hard to learn howto tune safely with a piggy back unit, but then again, maybe it's not a bad idea to at least have a pro do an initial tune too, so maybe this setup aviods needing a tuner, but then it must be so much more limited than a piggy back too?

8. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

^^well yeah thats the difference from a reflash such as the AP, TS reflash, osiris...they are just reflashes. a protune will always be better because its exactly specific to your car. a piggyback offers a lot more tuneability and customization

9. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Wondering if somebody can help me out here, i got an email from Uprev and i dont really know the answer:

10. brown fv, did you ever get that uprev?

11. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    UpRev is good. That's what I used to bump my timing. Cobb is just sad, that they never made one for the FX. I even emailed them since they opened a local shop.

12. which one did you get... standard or tuner?

13. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I don't own an osiris. I just used a local G owner's at a dyno meet. I wouldn't have any use for it to spend the money on it.

14. White_Hair

White_Hair Premium Member Premium

Perhaps, (03-08) G35x will be similar to our FX for AWD? For RWD, I would assume G35 (03-08). Not too sure about this. If this thing will work, then it is very beneficial for a lot of non-Cali based member. :.smile:

15. Here is a thought for you.

I've talked to Uprev people in person. The beauty of uprev is that you can reflash depending on the drive with your "cruise control" knob. It will hold up to 4 flashes and you can do one for Valet Parking and set it to a 45MPH limiter or something like that.

The only problem with it is that you don't have someone in your area that will work with you to tune it specifically for you.

However, if you can find a member in SoCal that has similar mods, and if they are willing, Shawn Church Automotive in Wilmington can copy their flash and send it to Uprev. It take 1/2 hour in and out and he might do it for free if you asked him.

I personally have and like TS better. TS programs in Binary which is a lot harder and more precise. Another idea I had while I was working on a project was to buy a spare ECU off Ebay, have that reflashed and use it. When it's time to so another mod, send the other ECU to get reflashed again.

Just a thought.

16. I'm guessing what you used was the cipher, it will do +2 and thats about it aside from being a logger/diagnostic tool.

Their osiris "tuner" also comes with the cipher but allows you to do the flashing yourself.
    You would just have to spend countless hours reading & learning and even then you would want to get it tuned professionally the first time and just work from their.
    It even has an "AFR Target" that will self tune.
    I don't know anyone who has this to find out how well this feature works but the guys over at g35driver say this is the best way. Many of them also talked pretty badly about the emanage piggyback

17. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ya it may have been the cipher, I'm not sure. I just know it did +2 and logged parameters.

18. has anyone actually used the osiris tuner (not cipher) on a FX35 yet?

19. I have been waiting over a month and half for UPREV to send my ROM back to GRD...once they do i can go in for my tune..

BTW, im getting a dyno tune and its gonna run me $500..

20. Did you get Osiris "Flash service", "Standard", or "Tuner"?

Flash service you send in ECU
    Standard you send them your datalogs and they send you maps.
    Tuner you go to your local tune shop and they tune on a dyno or you tune it yourself if you know how.

Month and a half is a long time to be waiting bro, have you called or e-mailed them?