Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine works!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by mtbfx, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    did some research and got interested in a no rinse cleaning product to try. so i got me optimum no rinse (onr) and was skeptical even though the reviews are all positive.

i did as directed. about 2 capfuls on a pail of water, used the mix to wipe the car with my microfiber wash thingy, and wipe with a bunch of microfiber towels. here are the results:

onrangle.jpg

onrangle1.jpg

it worked as promised. has some shine but not as deep as klasse aio or glaze. i did the exterior, glass, wheels, tires, door sides for about an hour (as opposed to 2 for a full wash).

i am also using a mix on a spray bottle as a quick detailing spray. can also be used for lubricating claybar.

i recommend it for anyone looking for a full wash alternative, a multi use product, or want to cut down on water use.

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Nice ride.
    lower that badboy!

How dirty can a car be for this to work?

3. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:

no, not the L word.

ive seen pics of really dirty cars cleaned with this product from autopia. some use a sprayer to mist the surface before wiping them. but since my fx is black and if it gets really dirty, i might consider rinsing the car first.

4. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Dude!, the thing looks ready for the Dakar rally at that height :p

5. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    keep it up. soon mine will be the first fx with a lift. what's next, "what's up with the rails?":LOL:

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Nope, rails are allowed on this forum. Crossbars for extra points :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DSCN2022.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You tell him Mike!:LOL::p

8. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    ok guys, lets have the next meet on my wheel wells. everyone except dave is invited :LOL:.

back to topic. onr is a great product. i can share some samples on the next meet.

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I was actually considering getting some of that to try out during the winter time...your post sealed the deal and i will be ordering some tomorrow.

10. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Your car looks awesome, almost looks like Phantom black... I park in a parking deck so this would be perfect.

Attached Files:

11. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    thanks. the multiuse helped me deciding on this product. the quick detailing spray works great too, slicker than my former klasse based mix.

12. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

dont forget the tire shine!...and...er...Lower it! lol

13. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    i actually keep my tires with flat or low gloss with aerospace protectant, but i need to reapply soon. oh back to the sample thingy, free during meet. dave and brown 5 bucks each :LOL:. thanks to you dudes, now the letters "h" and "r" are always in my head.

14. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    i did another "wash" using the rain method posted on autopia and it made cleaning much easier. the fx was quite brownish from all the recent rains and i was considering doing a full wash instead. i sprayed a qd mix (onr and water) on the surface i was about to clean before wiping. i guess the spray lifted the stuff off the paint making it easier to wipe. this time the results seem better, maybe since i used more than last time, or simply due to the product previously applied already.

15. GEE50FX

GEE50FX The Traveller iS VIP

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    I purchased a couple bottles of ONR and some waffle weave MF towels last week from eshine.ca .
    That stuff works great as a Quick Detailer also.

I also poured a capful in my Zaino car wash detergent and washed the car normally. Wow did that work great, I was impressed with the end result.
    Those waffle weave MF really suck up the water too.