Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 oil cooler gasket leak covered by warranty

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by mtbfx, Nov 29, 2007.

1. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    i wasnt sure but i checked anyways. i just spoke to the dealership and confirmed that the oil leak i am having via the "o" ring or gasket at the oil cooler is covered by the 6 year warranty. otherwise, it will be a couple of dollar part plus couple of hundred labor. my beer funds is safe :biggrin:.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    First, I have heard of this o-ring gone bad. Was this normal wear and tear?

Coll you got it covered under warranty Mike.

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    WHORE WHORE WHORE WHORE............................ ^

1,000 Woooooohooooo

4. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    according to the rep i spoke with, they have replaced a few already. he did sounded like he was not surprised. anyways it is a very slow leak and i did not know about it until my recent oil change. ill have it fixed by next week. maybe they will loan me a tank (qx56) again.

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :LOL::LOL::LOL: Congrats you Whore! It's about time.

6. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    What dealer ship do you go to?

Thanks for the Cheers Pierce.. Ja JA

7. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    glendale infiniti.

now i got the whore thing. congrats berto. i need a little bit more before i become one.

8. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    GLENDALE INFINITI:eek:

Dr2K and I bought our FX's there....

My horror story came from Glendale Infiniti...

But they took care of me with my electrical problem.. Last time I checked they don't give any QX's for loaners..

At least one of us on this forum gets the royal treatment..

9. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    overall, the dealership's been good. there were some problems (delays, scratches) but to their credit, they corrected them every time i inform them. i usually ask for the qx if there are no loaners available and was able to get them last time. unless things changed recently. feel free to share your horror story if it is ok with you.

10. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    trange. infiniti didn't find any leak. they said that there were no leaks and that the oil on the belly pan came from drips from the drain plug every oil change through the years (im not sure if that is normal). unless westco nissan cleaned the area well and the gasket is leaking very slow, i guess it is ok for now.

i forgot to leave a paper on my dash with "no wash." so they wash the car even if i requested them not to.

11. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    We have 3 QX56 loaners here.:p

The seal that you are talking about behind the oil cooler very rarely leaks on FXs. I think I have only seen maybe 2 FX's with that problem in the 3 years I have worked here. Now the 01-03 QX4....lets just say we stock a lot of the oil cooler seals for that truck lol:LOL:

12. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    am i following this correct? according to the dealer, the leak was from the plug from years of oil change (with them), isn't that messy oil changes? im just confused, and no i dont want to insist i have a gasket leak :confused:.

13. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    The plug shouldn't be leaking either unless they are either:

A) Not changing the copper gasket on the drain plug every oil change
    B) They are cutting the copper gasket off and have screwed up the threads
    C) They cross threaded the drain plug
    D) They don't clean anything off during the oil change

Like I said, that oil cooler ring leaking is very rare, at least here in Georgia.

14. hey can you believe that i feel little jump on idle, so i decide to check my spark plug, what take me for surprise that the o-rings of the gasket let me pass small oil to the sparks, make me feel little jumpo on idle.

for surprise, the o-ring don't came alone, you have to buy the whole kit, O-RINGS + CAM GASKET for around 350 us + hand labor.:mad:

Infiniti Have to review the quality of its parts and components, Unfortunately our brand is very far from the quality of lexus. Lexus is the brand that less fewers parts and recalls have of all the brand of vehicles.

but damm i love the power of my FX
    :biggrin:

15. MTN FX

MTN FX Mountain Man Premium

Big Bear City,Ca.
    2004 FX35 AWD
    John Green
    Garages:
    It looks as though my oil cooler o ring is leaking. Anyone done one of these themselves yet? Is this a DIY or Dealer repair?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Bump Anyone?

16. Bklynjohn718

Bklynjohn718 Premium Member Premium

Brooklyn New York/Queens
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Funny how this thread has posted. I'm having a leak also and a weird rough idle like a small miss or something. Good info here. Gona check my plugs.