Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

OEM Speaker Specs

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Keemo, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Does anyone know the specs/sizes for our OEM speakers/amps?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    Keemo

I'll elaborate a bit more.

I'm thinking of getting a 100w amp and hookin it up to the factory subs to see what I can get out of them, but I dont know what they're rated for etc.

3. i dont think anyone does really. for the subs anyways.

4. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Bad idea IMO. The stock speakers have paper woofers and will probably tear easily if you take them to or just over their design capacity.

A small (8") subwoofer will fit in place of the stock bose one in the spare wheel well with a fiberglass enclosure and will deliver much more than the tiny woofers in that plastic Bose case:
    open.jpg
    open2.jpg

Attached Files:

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

lol the stock "subs" look like a joke. i can't wait to change my system.

6. ordered my stuff today! going to put my amp inside my spare tire well, and build a nice wedge box to point towards the rear hatch. CAN'T WAIT!

7. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Yah, the 8" JL is what I really want. I'm thinking of this until I get that all put into place. This is the thread I got the idea from.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12439&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Even if I can get two 5 1/4" that would handle a little more power and a 110w amp, maybe it would hold me over. I would save about $1500 for now ($2000 quoted for custom enclosure and equipment), but then pay for it later...:LOL:

8. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Looking forward to pix!

9. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hopefully I'm answering your question correctly you have a total of 10 speaker locations in the FX; front dash 1L, 1C, 1R each position will accept a 3" or 3.5 replacement. 4 door speakers will accept 6.5 replacement speaker, rear pillars will also accept a 3 or 3.5" replacement speaker, and last your sub. like cube said the bose sub enclosure has dual 5.75" paper cones contained with in. your best replacement may be your infinity kappa, or your boston for your mids/highs based on speaker mounting depth, your dash and pillar locations are shallow, and depending on your speaker choice you'll have to modify the mounting location just a bit... I hope this was what you were asking...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  10. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I used Infinity Reference 3002/3012, the 3052 (I believe) don't fit and I gotta swap out the 3052's for my ol' 3012's again because the 3052's are too deep.

Btw, you meant shallow, right? :p

11. OP
    OP
    Keemo

That does help. Thanks. I'm not too concerned with the dash speakers but would like to upgrade the doors and rears eventually. In regards to the sub, I think I'm gona take your advise Cube and wait to do it right. Except right now I wont be doing anything cause it's -34 degrees outside!

12. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    yep, I meant shallow. thanks C

13. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    If you are going to upgrade your doors, you'd probably like the sound quality of the dash speakers changed as well b/c that sound is reflected off the glass is more noticeable if amplified. There will be a definite difference in sound quality and your overall staging will greatly improve.

14. brown_fv

This answered many questions i had too, thanks Dee!

i think come spring/summertime i will be working on my sound system. since i go on a lot of road trips and the FX is used a lot, i think i will incorporate the space where the spare tire is to put my enclosure so it doesnt use the trunk space. i will be taking out my spare tire equipment so i wont be putting on any extra weight by changing my system, it will basically cancel each other out.

15. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Any time B. do you have any ideas as to what equipment you are going to use or you would like? I know I'm thinking of redoing my box, and fiber-glassing something different. the box I have now I originally designed to run dual subs but change my mind. so we'll see...

16. OP
    OP
    Keemo

It's funny that I didnt even realise that there were a couple of speakers in the trunk on the pillers until you wrote Dee. :shame:

I'm thinking about a single 8" or 10" in the wheel well depending on optimum sound for the space etc. But a JL W7 is my sub of choice. As far as replacing all the speakers, I see your point on the ones in the dash. I guess I am just hesitant on ripping into the dash...

17. brown_fv

LMAO i was just reading my own post and realize i should do the complete opposite. i will be driving without my spare and tools (roadside assistance) although i SHOULD put them back in when i go on trips so i guess the most logical thing for me to do is have my sub/amp setup in the trunk probably on one of the side (or maybe both if i have dual subs ;))

18. OP
    OP
    Keemo

:LOL: , ....but you NEED the tunes and space.

I saw this... http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=213

19. Replace the stock 8" with aftermarket?

Can you just replace those BOSE 8" with better 8" aftermarket woofers?

20. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Just as an experiment I took the cover off the sub enclosure. It gave the bass a pit more punch but nothing to brag about.

Feb132007034.jpg

Attached Files: