Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

OEM Brembo Brake Kit (350z/G35)

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by brown_fv, Oct 7, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

hey im just wondering if the OEM Brembo brake kit from a 350z would fit our FXs. would anyone happen to know the amount of clearance they need to fit?

ive been looking around g35driver and my350z and the price seems pretty good as an alternative to a big brake kit yet still an upgrade from our stock brake kit.

Thanks.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Bumping this back up hoping for a reply.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have not seen nor heard of anyone that has tried this brown. I highly doubt they would fit or handle the load of the fx.

4. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

damn...i thought the we shared the same stock brakes as the g's and z's so i was hoping this would work...i guess the only thing i can do is a stage 2 set up designed for our FX's or a BBK like stoptech or rotora or something right?

with my plans to go F/I i want to construct a list of everything i want / need and work on it. i want to seriously upgrade my braking but i honestly cant justify paying like 4K for a BBK.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Do the BBK after the FI and everything else and see if you really need it.

6. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    You could just do a BBK for the front and save a little.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. I read that the FX's brakes are really good stock, and the main gain for the FX going to a BBK is less fade and more consistent braking.

I'm with you as the cost of a BBK, just wish it was cheaper. After seeing the Rotora's on Rookies... those look so nice.

7. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I'm not sure the bracketry would fit right. I remember the G guys selling a Rotora front kit couldn't fit the Rotora kit onto the G35 he was trying to install them on.

8. From what many vendors have told me it will not work. The brackets are different.

9. So has anybody ever gotten their hands on a 350Z/G35 brake/BBK set and compared them with the FX? I assume the mounting brackets are different if the systems are different. Can anybody confirm this? I found a local Z guy selling his complete AP Racing F/R 6 pot system for $2500. They are in mint condition :shame: