Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

NRG Innovations STB

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by rookie, Jul 3, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Hello all. Below are some photos of a possibly new STB available to us FXers. It's lighter than the Stillen, for sure does not hit any hoods or hood liners. The brackets feel nicer in build than the cad plated brackets.

Any questions comments?

NRG_STB_01.jpg
    NRG_STB_02.jpg
    NRG_STB_03.jpg

Unfortunately it does not clear the Stillen supercharger without some kind of modding.
    NRG_STB_04.jpg

On my FX.
    NRG_STB_05.jpg
    NRG_STB_06.jpg
    NRG_STB_07.jpg

Bar flipped over in case you want an emblemless bar.
    NRG_STB_08.jpg
    NRG_STB_09.jpg
    NRG_STB_10.jpg

Feel free to share with other sites, maybe we can get a group buy going.

I wont sugarcoat anything and saw it's xx.x% stiffer for lateral Gs and corner balanced for 95 degree apex turns. It feels good, no worse than the Stillen so if you have a Stillen are not rubbing and don't want an upgrade no need to think this is being pushed on you. :)

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

looks good, this would be a nice mod for those that dont have an STB but for us that already have one...have to think about that:wub:

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Looks like something that a Transformer would have on to protect his Grill.;)

The pro about the Stiller STB, in my opinion, is the performance and slim sleak design. This STB seems more bulky and angular.

What would be the cost for something like this Viet?

I might be instrested. I have been holding off on getting one for a while and feel like it's time to get one.

Let us know.

4. OP
    OP
    rookie

The angular design is not as cool looking as the arch of the Stillen, but there should be less flex this way. It's obvious why Stillen did the arch, for their supercharger, they use the same arch for the G35 STB as well to clear the plenum and not hit the hood.

Will find out on pricing.

5. It looks stronger and much better built then Stilllen.
    If the price will be the same as Stillen - I'll pick this one.:cool:

6. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    That is a nice bar, to bad it won't fit over the s/c. I would definitely pick this over the stillen stb.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

If the price is good on this one I'll pick one up & I'll sell you my Stillen Berto......

8. OP
    OP
    rookie

The bar is very DTM style, simple and to the point.

Hoping pricing should be the same as the Stillen. I'm sure it'll look awesome when fully polished. :p

9. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Thanks but if this new type of STB can be polished and I can add some color to it, I might just want to buy it.

Let's see.

10. OP
    OP
    rookie

Still waiting to hear back about pricing. Hopefully It should not be anymore than the Stillen.

The aluminum should be fully polishable, paintable, powdercoatable. So the color combos are endless. I'll get the test one polished out when I get a chance to.

11. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Thanks...

12. I'm definitely interested in this STB. What is the availability and price?

13. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Stay patient people, Stillen's not going to have this market to themselves shortly. Take that for what it's worth, and that's all I'll say. ;)

14. OP
    OP
    rookie

You know of another bar coming out too? Cool, let me know the details when you get them.

15. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    I like the look of this new bar. It looks strong and has a finished look unlike the Stillen. Yea the Stillen does the job but I remember how very disappointed I was when I opened up the box and saw the Stillen bar. I was a little pissed because it looked unfinished with the cheap looking gold steel that I had to file off the sharp edges. I wouldn't even attempt to install it like that, like having a gold front tooth. Thats why I powder coated and polished before installing.....I had to finish the job.

The Stillen will be for sale if the price is right on this NRG STB or what cube's news produces.

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Same here - :wub:
    I'm goin mod crazy....

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Any updates on the STB's?

18. OP
    OP
    rookie

Have not heard back, will touch bases with them next week. We are asking if polished could/would be the finish.

19. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Can I get one in black please.:biggrin:

20. wow it looks nice. Great alternative to stillens.