Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Northern VA owners: who's the best dealer?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by jmikef, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I'm a mile away from Passport Infiniti, but I've heard some good stuff about Chantilly Infiniti. Please share any experience with you've had with northern VA dealers.

Thanks.
    J Mike

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Well, the fine folks at Passport treated me well and gave me a great deal. I'm now the proud owner of an Ivory Pearl FX35 AWD with Handsfree/Tech/Touring. It's been a while since I saw a white car that really stood out, and this baby is the real thing. WOOHOO.

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Congrats!!! Its an 08?

4. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

YAY and welcome to the Scene!! now post some pics:LOL: -:iS:

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Congrats and welcome to the scene!

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Congrats on the new FX :biggrin:

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Welcome to the Scene!

8. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Congrats and enjoy :cool:.

9. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Here are pics of Marie (I always name my cars):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Background: I've had many SUVs in the past: Bronco, Explorer, Mountaineer, Touareg (that's a whole story in itself - great design but terrible build quality), and then a big switch to an Acura RL. Loved the RL - performance/features/build quality, but felt claustrophobic and missed the interior space of an SUV. The MDX is an ugly boat, and the RDX a huge disappointment. So, after much research, I decided on the FX35.

First impressions:
    Ride: Exceeds expectations. Truly handles like a sports car. That V6 has a wonderful rich sound when you pump the pedal, and the pickup is terrific. The phat tires grip the road. I was concerned that coming from the RL with its SH-AWD I'd be disappointed. No way, the FX35 kicks ass and corners very well.

Exterior: A sexy beast. Everyone just loves the stance and lines of the FX35. Sure it's been around for 4+ years, but it's still a looker. No other lux SUV comes close.

Interior: Somewhat disappointing. Lots of plastic, and spartan for a lux brand. The Touareg still sets the standard for interior fit and finish. The rear doors are lightweight. But, the seats are equal to the RL, maybe a tad better - nice support. Love the instrument cluster - nice warm glow and easy to read - better than the cartoonish RL. The swithchgear is excellent too - good layout for the center console. But other controls are hard to get at - they are rarely used, so it's an acceptable compromise.

Radio: The Bose system in the RL is best in class, so I'm a bit disappointed in the FX35 Bose system. It's better than the Touareg, or any Ford for that matter.

Navigation: Love the Bird's Eye view - not available on the RL or Touareg. Great features, but everything is co-located on the main display. The RL has 3 readout areas, one for trip information in the main cluster, and a readout above the Nav screen for cabin temps and Sat/radio/CD info. I prefer the separate readouts, but the graphics for the FX35 are superior to anything I've experienced. BTW, I doubt I'll miss the real-time traffic guidance that's featured on the RL. It was rarely reliable or timely.

Electronics: Again, the RL and Touareg are superior to the FX35. Many more options - one I especially like is the auto-door locking feature when you put the tranny in drive, and unlocking when you put it in park; this action can be customised, too. I'm very surprised the FX35 doesn't have this feature.

More later . . . .

11. Destro

Destro Member

NOVA
    I am a Service Advisor at the Nissan dealer in Fairfax. If you need any service done just PM me, I just can't do any warranty work on Infiniti's.