Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Northern VA owners: who's the best dealer?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by jmikef, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jmikef

jmikef Member

I'm a mile away from Passport Infiniti, but I've heard some good stuff about Chantilly Infiniti. Please share any experience with you've had with northern VA dealers.

Thanks.
    J Mike

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Well, the fine folks at Passport treated me well and gave me a great deal. I'm now the proud owner of an Ivory Pearl FX35 AWD with Handsfree/Tech/Touring. It's been a while since I saw a white car that really stood out, and this baby is the real thing. WOOHOO.

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Congrats!!! Its an 08?

4. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

YAY and welcome to the Scene!! now post some pics:LOL: -:iS:

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Congrats and welcome to the scene!

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Garages:
    Congrats on the new FX :biggrin:

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Welcome to the Scene!

8. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Congrats and enjoy :cool:.

9. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Here are pics of Marie (I always name my cars):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. OP
    OP
    jmikef

jmikef Member

Background: I've had many SUVs in the past: Bronco, Explorer, Mountaineer, Touareg (that's a whole story in itself - great design but terrible build quality), and then a big switch to an Acura RL. Loved the RL - performance/features/build quality, but felt claustrophobic and missed the interior space of an SUV. The MDX is an ugly boat, and the RDX a huge disappointment. So, after much research, I decided on the FX35.

First impressions:
    Ride: Exceeds expectations. Truly handles like a sports car. That V6 has a wonderful rich sound when you pump the pedal, and the pickup is terrific. The phat tires grip the road. I was concerned that coming from the RL with its SH-AWD I'd be disappointed. No way, the FX35 kicks ass and corners very well.

Exterior: A sexy beast. Everyone just loves the stance and lines of the FX35. Sure it's been around for 4+ years, but it's still a looker. No other lux SUV comes close.

Interior: Somewhat disappointing. Lots of plastic, and spartan for a lux brand. The Touareg still sets the standard for interior fit and finish. The rear doors are lightweight. But, the seats are equal to the RL, maybe a tad better - nice support. Love the instrument cluster - nice warm glow and easy to read - better than the cartoonish RL. The swithchgear is excellent too - good layout for the center console. But other controls are hard to get at - they are rarely used, so it's an acceptable compromise.

Radio: The Bose system in the RL is best in class, so I'm a bit disappointed in the FX35 Bose system. It's better than the Touareg, or any Ford for that matter.

Navigation: Love the Bird's Eye view - not available on the RL or Touareg. Great features, but everything is co-located on the main display. The RL has 3 readout areas, one for trip information in the main cluster, and a readout above the Nav screen for cabin temps and Sat/radio/CD info. I prefer the separate readouts, but the graphics for the FX35 are superior to anything I've experienced. BTW, I doubt I'll miss the real-time traffic guidance that's featured on the RL. It was rarely reliable or timely.

Electronics: Again, the RL and Touareg are superior to the FX35. Many more options - one I especially like is the auto-door locking feature when you put the tranny in drive, and unlocking when you put it in park; this action can be customised, too. I'm very surprised the FX35 doesn't have this feature.

More later . . . .

11. Destro

Destro Member

I am a Service Advisor at the Nissan dealer in Fairfax. If you need any service done just PM me, I just can't do any warranty work on Infiniti's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.