Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Nismo Exhaust

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Krayzie, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

the nismo exhaust comes with a Y-pipe but it wont fit my FX because i have AWD. My question is...will it bolt upto a stock exhaust of a RWD car ie. FX, G35, 350Z? because if it will, i can sell. and now i go search to see if i can find the answer myself:wub:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

huh? I don't get it, is this a question? Are you looking to GET the Nismo exhaust or sell? I'm confused...

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

all you need is the g35 extension and you need to extend the tips. it will bolt right up to the stock y-pipe or aftermarket. i hope to be ordering my nismo exhaust soon too

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

hmmmmm, actually with my experience... the extension pushed the Y-pipe straight into the AWD housing... The muffler shop ended NOT using the extension but made modifications to fit (basically, extensions on the "Y" end)

5. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

are you saying that the Nismo Y-pipe will work with AWD FX??? because if thats true... =)

and i sort of made a spelling mistake...let me fix it in BOLD

*EDIT* so i can just get my y-pipe extended instead of buying one of those extenders and it will work!! and obviously get the tips extended

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  6. brown_fv

oh sorry i guess i typed wrong, but the nismo y-pipe wont fit unless you modify it. one member with an AWD FX has modded the nismo y-pipe so that it fits (also got rid of the g35 extension).

i would just stick with the stock Y pipe because getting one of the others for $400 (UTR or that other company) makes the price of the exhaust so much more...

7. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I believe Krayzie's whole plan is as follows:

Purchase entire Nismo cat-back exhaust (includes Y-pipe, mid-pipe and muffler, with an added G35 extension where needed)... but since the only Y pipe that fits the AWD is the UTR, he wanted to know if the Nismo Y would bolt right up to stock exhaust so he can sell just the Y to someone looking to upgrade JUST the Y.

Since it was advised he could just extend the double ended side of the Y instead of extending after the Y with the G35 extension piece, he will now be looking into doing this so that he can keep the Nismo Y with the rest of the Nismo cat-back setup.

Am I right Krayzie? ;)

And how come I never heard of making another Y work by extending it out instead of using the G35 extension :( Brilliant idea...

8. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

that's basically the route I went...

not the prettiest work... but it works (it was a Saturday, and the shop was closing, I was far away from home, and we had to figure out what to do with going around the AWD housing). Here, you can see the extension made (lighter color, that's NOT stainless steel), without using the G35 extension

nismo exhaust with extensions at the y-pipes video by trainerKEN - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid181.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid181.photobucket.com/albums/x182/trainerKEN/a4f78f49.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid181@@AMEPARAM@@181@@AMEPARAM@@x182/trainerKEN/a4f78f49

9. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

Cube: you got it bang on with what i was thinking, just that i didnt really explain really well what i was trying to do. Had a really bad day today so i wasnt thinking straight...my car got hit:frown: but not the FX..will post a pic tomorrow

10. brown_fv

so you want to put a g35 extension on each side where the y-pipe connects from the cats? im mad confused LOL

hey man sorry to hear about your car?...the civic? thats sad to head man

11. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

hey brown...i wasnt thinking of using the extensions on each side. Hmmm, im mad confused too now:err: and yea it was the civic. the picture is on my sisters camera so when she gets home...its actually pretty funny

12. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    lol... absolutely NO G35 extension whatsoever. The video describes it perfectly, cut the Y pipe after the cat flanges, weld in a length of pipe on each side the same length as the G35 extension would do, and call it a day.

Sorry to hear 'bout the Honda as well. It is funny lol, if that's your sister in the picture it looks like she's trapped in there hah...

13. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

now do i want to spend $1400+13% tax + the mods....LOL

its $1200 online+shipping and possible duties and the obvious tax and mods

and yea thats my sister, the door is messed up so it wouldnt open. She had to crawl over, hehe

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

did you try West Covina Nissan? They were runnin' a special, I know they (supposedly) had 5 left back when I got mine... but maybe they got another batch in... and perhaps is still charging less than retail... I think I ended up paying only something like $860

15. brown_fv

Hey just bumping this back up. i was looking to order a nismo exhaust soontime, i have just been msging some shops that ive dealt with to see if theyll do the tip extension plus install...but i had one question.

i was reading one of the PM's the doc send me a few months ago and he said he had to extend his mid-pipe by 3 inches...did anyone else with the nismo have to do that too?

16. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Brown, everyone with an FX will have to extend the tips 35 and 45 alike. I extended mine about 7 inches. But others have done less. Maybe Dave, Ken and Will can chime in and say what measurements they used.

17. brown_fv

i know about the tips, but i am wondering about the midpipe extension. your PM said you extended your midpipe by 3 inches but i dont recall anyone else having to do that :confused:

18. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry, I misread your post brown. But I had to do it because of my 45. trainerKen also has a 45 but did his install a bit different then me and he did not use the G35 extension piece or the utr y-pipe so that may be the reason. As for the others they all have 35's so it was just a easy bolt on for them.

19. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Cant tell you how much it was extended by, cuz I cut it differently than everyone else, & extended with new piping from the can.

View attachment 132012

20. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

That looks so good and clean Dave!